Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,247 Members 47,505 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

For Those Who Can't Get to Download Mode

Tip us?

ultramag69
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 577
Default For Those Who Can't Get to Download Mode

Back in the S2 days there was a little USB jig that was used to go directly to download mode. I haven't seen anything about it for a while but it still works to get the Note 3 to download mode with a minimum of fuss.
Just power down, insert jig and magically there you are at download mode. You don't even have to power on...
They're worth around $3 on Ebay but well worth the money...
Here's a link to a youtube video showing how easy it is - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8yqWf6JU3o
Cheers guys...
If You Disagree Or Think I'm Wrong, Look Closer At My Avatar...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ultramag69 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lildoggs
Old
Thanks Meter 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultramag69 View Post
Back in the S2 days there was a little USB jig that was used to go directly to download mode. I haven't seen anything about it for a while but it still works to get the Note 3 to download mode with a minimum of fuss.
Just power down, insert jig and magically there you are at download mode. You don't even have to power on...
They're worth around $3 on Ebay but well worth the money...
Here's a link to a youtube video showing how easy it is - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8yqWf6JU3o
Cheers guys...
Back when the jig was first introduced. People were trying to advertise it as a miracle cure for being able to get a bricked device into download mode to flash an oem rom and get it working again. I bought it and I have never been able to boot my phone into download mode when my phone was hard bricked. I was very disappointed. I guess the only use I got from it was like you said just for the convenience of not having to press the button combo to get into download mode. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ultramag69
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 577
Quote:
Originally Posted by lildoggs View Post
Back when the jig was first introduced. People were trying to advertise it as a miracle cure for being able to get a bricked device into download mode to flash an oem rom and get it working again. I bought it and I have never been able to boot my phone into download mode when my phone was hard bricked. I was very disappointed. I guess the only use I got from it was like you said just for the convenience of not having to press the button combo to get into download mode. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Depended on the "brick". If it was a hard brick you generally can't get to download mode because everything got screwed up but it does help a lot if you soft brick your phone and are having trouble....
If You Disagree Or Think I'm Wrong, Look Closer At My Avatar...