No registration required

For Those Who Can't Get to Download Mode

OP ultramag69

8th June 2014, 10:04 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Waratah
Thanks Meter: 578

4,474 posts
Back in the S2 days there was a little USB jig that was used to go directly to download mode. I haven't seen anything about it for a while but it still works to get the Note 3 to download mode with a minimum of fuss.
Just power down, insert jig and magically there you are at download mode. You don't even have to power on...
They're worth around $3 on Ebay but well worth the money...
Here's a link to a youtube video showing how easy it is - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8yqWf6JU3o
Cheers guys...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ultramag69 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th June 2014, 05:33 AM   |  #2  
New York
Thanks Meter: 93

422 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultramag69

Back in the S2 days there was a little USB jig that was used to go directly to download mode. I haven't seen anything about it for a while but it still works to get the Note 3 to download mode with a minimum of fuss.
Just power down, insert jig and magically there you are at download mode. You don't even have to power on...
They're worth around $3 on Ebay but well worth the money...
Here's a link to a youtube video showing how easy it is - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8yqWf6JU3o
Cheers guys...

Back when the jig was first introduced. People were trying to advertise it as a miracle cure for being able to get a bricked device into download mode to flash an oem rom and get it working again. I bought it and I have never been able to boot my phone into download mode when my phone was hard bricked. I was very disappointed. I guess the only use I got from it was like you said just for the convenience of not having to press the button combo to get into download mode. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
26th June 2014, 06:52 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Waratah
Thanks Meter: 578

4,474 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lildoggs

Back when the jig was first introduced. People were trying to advertise it as a miracle cure for being able to get a bricked device into download mode to flash an oem rom and get it working again. I bought it and I have never been able to boot my phone into download mode when my phone was hard bricked. I was very disappointed. I guess the only use I got from it was like you said just for the convenience of not having to press the button combo to get into download mode. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Depended on the "brick". If it was a hard brick you generally can't get to download mode because everything got screwed up but it does help a lot if you soft brick your phone and are having trouble....
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread