Fight the Heat and Conserve Battery with EaseUS Coolphone

Memory hungry Android applications are often responsible for making our device … more

Battery Charged in 30 Seconds? Maybe in 2016

Phones and tablets are getting more and more power hungry with each passing generation. Their … more

ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] App that can use the heart rate sensor - but not S Health ?

OP mattan

2nd May 2014, 02:44 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
83 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2006
I want to remove the S Health app, but still to be able to monitor the heart rate.
Is there any third party app that can use the S5 sensor?
2nd May 2014, 09:37 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
195 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2008
Plenty of apps that use the camera lens if you don't mind finger prints on lens. Why do you want to remove S health?

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Free mobile app
3rd May 2014, 01:04 AM   |  #3  
eyecon82's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,651
 
2,242 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by hetalmp

Plenty of apps that use the camera lens if you don't mind finger prints on lens. Why do you want to remove S health?

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Free mobile app

i wonder if the apps that use the camera flash are as accurate?
3rd May 2014, 05:55 PM   |  #4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
54 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
I would like to know this also. I looked at s-health. I don't want to monitor my activity, but I would like to have an app that just reads heart rate.
21st June 2014, 08:41 AM   |  #5  
Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
44 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerdriver

I would like to know this also. I looked at s-health. I don't want to monitor my activity, but I would like to have an app that just reads heart rate.

You can use the hardware module test. Access it by dialing *#0*#. Then go to sensors, then start under HRM sensor. It's not pretty but it works.
26th June 2014, 07:05 PM   |  #6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
54 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by b631nz

You can use the hardware module test. Access it by dialing *#0*#. Then go to sensors, then start under HRM sensor. It's not pretty but it works.

Thanks for the reply. Definitely not elegant. I hope someone comes out with a simple heart rate monitor app so we don't have to choose between the hardware module test and s health. Samsung is like a junkie except they are addicted to bloat not smack.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes