Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Galaxy Note 3 Mod/Rom

OP Nightan

19th June 2014, 02:01 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
I'm having trouble finding a mod/rom that is compatible with the verizon samsung galaxy note 3, Anyone know what is?
19th June 2014, 05:34 AM   |  #2  
waco2hot33's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 143
 
588 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
More
Really don't understand you ? There several roms with galaxy note 3 ..but the question is are you rooted ..do you have safestrap installed ..which version of android are you on 4.3mje / 4.4.2 NC4 ...are you rooted you would get better results with all of that included in your question ...

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk
19th June 2014, 10:57 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by waco2hot33

Really don't understand you ? There several roms with galaxy note 3 ..but the question is are you rooted ..do you have safestrap installed ..which version of android are you on 4.3mje / 4.4.2 NC4 ...are you rooted you would get better results with all of that included in your question ...

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk

Sorry, i'm kind of new. My phone is rooted, i have checked but i don't have safestrap installed. It is 4.4.2.
19th June 2014, 11:34 PM   |  #4  
waco2hot33's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 143
 
588 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
More
Well to flash Rom you have to have safestrap implemented so please install safestrap download the apk and run it except supersu and install boot into safestrap first make a backup of your current Rom check the Verizon note 3 android development thread for available roms download the one you want and boot back into safestrap wipe data factory reset / system and flash to the stock slot ...ooh if you towel rooted your Rom there a fix in the beans nc4 thread with instructions on how to proceed with that good luck !!

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to waco2hot33 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th June 2014, 03:17 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by waco2hot33

.ooh if you towel rooted your Rom there a fix in the beans nc4 thread with instructions on how to proceed with that good luck !!

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk

I've decided to unroot, do i have to do that fix before i install a recovery (Cwm or Twrp)?
25th June 2014, 03:38 PM   |  #6  
waco2hot33's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 143
 
588 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
More
From my understanding you have to be rooted to place a recovery on your device (Cwm or Twrp)...

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
26th June 2014, 04:27 AM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightan

I've decided to unroot, do i have to do that fix before i install a recovery (Cwm or Twrp)?

you unroot by flashing the stock Odin file, or using your root method to unroot.

there is no recovery available. safestrap is our wonderfully built recovery alternative due to a locked bootloader on the 900v. do not try and flash cwm or twrp.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
26th June 2014, 07:10 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kneebs

you unroot by flashing the stock Odin file, or using your root method to unroot.

there is no recovery available. safestrap is our wonderfully built recovery alternative due to a locked bootloader on the 900v. do not try and flash cwm or twrp.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Thank you!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes