Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Project Ara: Modified Android L and Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and software enthusiasts. The … more

What's the allure about G3 roms?

26th June 2014, 04:38 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 35

499 posts
I'd like to ask everyone's opinions regarding the G3 roms that are becoming available (CloudyG3, OptimusG3, etc). I'm currently using Pardus 7.4, and have tried a few of the G3 roms. But, I keep coming back to Pardus. Maybe I'm missing something? What is the fascination with the G3 roms?
26th June 2014, 05:12 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1,455

2,033 posts
Donate to Me
More
Few ?

There are only 2 ported g3 roms.

People like what people like , so simple.
26th June 2014, 05:12 PM   |  #3  
Flag Mobile
Thanks Meter: 900

1,256 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ledvedder

I'd like to ask everyone's opinions regarding the G3 roms that are becoming available (CloudyG3, OptimusG3, etc). I'm currently using Pardus 7.4, and have tried a few of the G3 roms. But, I keep coming back to Pardus. Maybe I'm missing something? What is the fascination with the G3 roms?

The G3 roms do have some cool new features and a unique UI and they are maintained by great Devs. that will continue to improve them until they are on par with the other current KK roms. And as a ported rom, it takes time to get everything working smoothly. KK felt a little clunky coming from a JB rom that had been constantly updated and optimized but then the KK roms kept evolving too and now I'm very satisfied.

BUT, with that being said, you'll start to notice that a lot of people on XDA just want the 'newest' everything... As soon as something comes out it becomes the thing everyone wants and if they can't have it right away they ask and ask.. When "Android L" is released in any form for any device you will see a flood of posts of why LG sucks because we didn't get the update the very hour it was released.
26th June 2014, 05:18 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 35

499 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bender_007

Few ?

There are only 2 ported g3 roms.

People like what people like , so simple.

Lao Haong (spelling?) has a G3 port also.
26th June 2014, 05:25 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 564

2,119 posts
More
LG have redone the gui and it's rather good.

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Free mobile app
26th June 2014, 06:19 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 1,455

2,033 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ledvedder

Lao Haong (spelling?) has a G3 port also.

That I don't know. I don't see it on xda - I think it's just the theme and launcher. (don't take my word for granted)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread