[Q] wifi tethering without provisioning check?

OP viperv303

26th June 2014, 05:17 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Maryland
Thanks Meter: 35

79 posts
More
Now that we have root back, I tried using Wifi Tether but it wont start correctly. all the other apps out there keep triggering the AT&T checker which then kicks it back off. Miss the old days when the tether widget trick worked. Anyway, does anyone know what settings to change to make WiFi tether work? Or if there is a particular version we need for our phones?
26th June 2014, 07:33 PM   |  #2  
OP Member
Maryland

79 posts
More
Aww, meant to post this in the questions forum. Can an admin move it please?
26th June 2014, 07:35 PM   |  #3  
Flag Cleveland ROCKS!!!
Thanks Meter: 417

1,201 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by viperv303

Now that we have root back, I tried using Wifi Tether but it wont start correctly. all the other apps out there keep triggering the AT&T checker which then kicks it back off. Miss the old days when the tether widget trick worked. Anyway, does anyone know what settings to change to make WiFi tether work? Or if there is a particular version we need for our phones?

Have you tried freezing the system app called "tetheringprovision"?
26th June 2014, 08:00 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Maryland

79 posts
More
Yep. Froze it using Titanium and now it gets a "Unfortunately, Settings has stopped" when I try turning tethering on.
26th June 2014, 08:06 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Maryland

79 posts
More
Tried FoxFi as well. It was able to start without any errors but it's not broadcasting anything.

Nevermind. Got it to work using another app. Luckly I only need it once in a while so the pain to turn it on and off doesnt bother me.

Do wish AT&T didnt make such a fuss about tethering with the unlimited plan (yay grandfathered plan!)
Last edited by viperv303; 26th June 2014 at 08:15 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread