[APP][Xposed][Youtube AdAway]

Search This thread

matrixzone

Mar 19, 2012
I just love this app, saves the bandwidth of the stupid ads.

The latest version is not working for me.. Ads pops up, this has not happened before.

I am sure, wanam can fix this quickly

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

wanam

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Jan 26, 2011
Toulouse
wanam.net
OnePlus 7T
Sony Xperia 5 III
Hi, I'm new to the xposed modules and this is one of the first I downloaded! :)
It doesn't seem to work yet though.

I have Youtube 5.6.36 and 2.0 Youtube AdAway and everything is checked and enabled, and I rebooted, do I need to do something else?

I can see the big card ads and the channel banners, thanks :)

On Nexus 5 with 4.4.3 and using one other module (Wanam Kit :D).

Make sure you are running the latest Xposed framework update and post your Xposed logs.

I noticed a nuisance with this module the other day, at first I thought it was just the application being a butt, but, at the last moments of the video, you get a recommended video from the channel, which is blocked by the module. But at the same time as the video popup appears, both the notification and navigation bars appear on the screen, cropping the video.
These stay alive until you close the app, unlike when the module is deactivated, you can close them by closing the popup.

Can you make a screen shot of cropped screen?

I just love this app, saves the bandwidth of the stupid ads.

The latest version is not working for me.. Ads pops up, this has not happened before.

I am sure, wanam can fix this quickly

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

What YouTube version? post your xposed logs.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

ashshlay

Jul 27, 2003
Google search Widget isn't working after activating 2.00

I turned it off and it's back to working.

I was getting "Can't load results"

78Staff

Sep 26, 2007
Cosmo, Fl
Also getting adds in 5.6.36 and 2.0. Disabled all other modules but logs don't offer much info...

Code:
-----------------
Jun 10, 2014 2:17:44 AM UTC
Loading Xposed v54 (for Zygote)...
Running ROM 'aokp_jflte-userdebug 4.4.3 KTU84M eng.task650.20140608.084013 test-keys' with fingerprint samsung/jflteuc/jflteatt:4.4.2/KOT49H/I337UCUFNB1:user/release-keys'
Loading modules from /data/app/ma.wanam.youtubeadaway-1.apk
  Loading class ma.wanam.youtubeadaway.Xposed

Last edited:

ashshlay

Jul 27, 2003
Google Search has nothing to do with my module, the widget is working fine here!

My apologies. After I turned it off and rebooted Google search worked but you're right. I turned it back on and rebooted and now it works again.

I had issues with Google ads links working in search results (now they are thankfully gone all together) and thought Google somehow tied the widget in as well.

You da man! Seriously your work is greatly appreciated..

trein91

Jun 14, 2012
With this turned on, (both in exposed and within the app itself), sometimes youtube videos just fail to load properly. Videos load properly again after I disable the xposed module.

78Staff

Sep 26, 2007
Cosmo, Fl
Also getting adds in 5.6.36 and 2.0. Disabled all other modules but logs don't offer much info...

Code:
-----------------
Running ROM 'aokp_jflte-userdebug 4.4.3 KTU84M eng.task650.20140608.084013 test-keys' with fingerprint samsung/jflteuc/jflteatt:4.4.2/KOT49H/I337UCUFNB1:user/release-keys'

Reverted to 1.9 with same results - maybe I am expecting incorrectly - the ad doesn't play, but appears. Is that normal, or should their be no ad at all?

King_Rono

Jun 5, 2014
Thanks for this. Works like a charm.

I am sending this to you in hopes of curing my boredom....

Dan_Aykroyd

Feb 10, 2010
I just installed it for the first time, but it doesn't seem to do anything on 5.6.38... right?

Thanks for the module though! Hope it works soon. Regards Wanam

wanam

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Jan 26, 2011
Toulouse
wanam.net
OnePlus 7T
Sony Xperia 5 III

Code:
-----------------

This one is NOT an overlay, my module prevent the overlying ads only, but this one is a featured ad video, is there any way to reproduce it? i can't get it to display on my "What to watch".

I just installed it for the first time, but it doesn't seem to do anything on 5.6.38... right?

Thanks for the module though! Hope it works soon. Regards Wanam

The module works great on all latest updates, if you have any issue, post your Xposed log and any information that can help.

Last edited:

78Staff

Sep 26, 2007
Cosmo, Fl
This one is NOT an overlay, my module prevent the overlying ads only, but this one is a featured ad video, is there any way to reproduce it? i can't get it to display on my "What to watch".

Currently have ART enabled so don't have Xposed loaded, so can't reproduce at the moment, sorry. I'll flip back eventually I'm sure so will try to reproduce it

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a simple Xposed module to help you get rid of ads on the official YouTube App.

Requirements:
    - Xposed Framwork

How to Install:
    - Install Xposed Installer and framework
    - Install YouTube AdAway App
    - Enable the module on Xposed installer (ex, LSXposed)
    - Reboot

Notes:
    - Reboot is a MUST after updating the module.
    - This application is NOT a modified YouTube App

Bugs Report:
    - If you still get an IN-VIDEO ad, please report an issue here with your xposed logs.

Download.

Mirror.
    It seems some people are still getting some ads that i cannot reproduce! So I open sourced the module, you can find the sources on my Github repo.

I cannot keep following this thread with the way some people are reporting there issues here, report your issues here with your full Xposed logs (text format), and if you are a developer willing to help, feel free to push your merge requests.

That's been said i'm closing this thread.
    It's been a while :) , i re-opened the thread to get more feed back on the new update.

I was trying to keep updating the module on the past months, but i didn't have much time to improve it the way i wanted, YouTube didn't make this task easier either, working with those proguarded sources was time consuming, add to that i don't get a much ads as people may get on other countries.

I decided to try something else other than the brute force way, so I'm managing the views layouts instead, sources pushed.

I pushed a new module update 4.0.1:
    - Get rid of brute force and resources hooking
    - Force Skip ad button to stay visible

I also implemented a way to perform a click on skip ad button, but i didn't test it, i didn't manage to get any ads.
    Sorry for the late reply, i was not running Android in the past few weeks.

I uploaded a new update 3.4.2:
    - Added back ads expiration hooks.
    - Added YouTube Go support.

If you still get ads, disable all other modules, reboot, reproduce the ad, get a screenshot of the ad and your full xposed logs.

I will try to update today, I need a few hours to set up my PC & dev environment.