Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,205 Members 39,866 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[REQUEST] MF3 modem.bin (i537)

Tip us?

gurnec
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [REQUEST] MF3 modem.bin (i537)

I'm trying to find (but so far have failed) a modem.bin from an AT&T (i537) S4A running MF3. If someone out there has a rooted S4A running MF3, and if you have a couple of minutes to spare to extract a modem.bin, I'd really appreciate it...

Here's how to extract it. It can be done directly on the phone with a terminal emulater (e.g. Android Terminal Emulator or VX ConnectBot) or from an ADB shell if you already have one set up:

Code:
su
dd if=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/mdm of=/sdcard/mf3-modem.bin bs=4096
Just be sure not to swap the "if" and "of"!

Thank you!!

Devo7v
Old
Thanks Meter 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by gurnec View Post
I'm trying to find (but so far have failed) a modem.bin from an AT&T (i537) S4A running MF3. If someone out there has a rooted S4A running MF3, and if you have a couple of minutes to spare to extract a modem.bin, I'd really appreciate it...

Here's how to extract it. It can be done directly on the phone with a terminal emulater (e.g. Android Terminal Emulator or VX ConnectBot) or from an ADB shell if you already have one set up:

Code:
su
dd if=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/mdm of=/sdcard/mf3-modem.bin bs=4096
Just be sure not to swap the "if" and "of"!

Thank you!!
Here's the link for the MF3 modem.bin using the command above as requested. I've also got a zip file containing MF3 modem.bin and NON-HLOS.bin that I had extracted earlier. You might want to take a look and make sure that the modem.bin files are the same, I would hate to provide something that screws up your phone. I'm not sure what commands I used to extract those files, but hopefully it's useful as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to Devo7v For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gurnec
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks, that was quick!

My i537 had no trouble recognizing the modem.bin (and the two separate files were the same).

Devo7v
Old
Thanks Meter 331
Quote:
Thanks, that was quick!

My i537 had no trouble recognizing the modem.bin (and the two separate files were the same).
Were you able to flash the modem and get everything working properly? I had the zip lying around, but I've never had a reason to try to flash it.

gurnec
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Thanks, that was quick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devo7v View Post
Were you able to flash the modem and get everything working properly? I had the zip lying around, but I've never had a reason to try to flash it.
Yes, it flashed just fine and was recognized as MF3 by the baseband processor, and it seems to work normally. It didn't solve the underlying issue I was trying to troubleshoot (msm_hsic_host is forcing a permanent kernel wakelock w/both NC9 and NE3), but I'm not even sure the baseband software is the problem....

Thanks again for the help.
Tags
mf3, modem.bin