[REQUEST] MF3 modem.bin (i537)

OP gurnec

23rd June 2014, 04:00 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
I'm trying to find (but so far have failed) a modem.bin from an AT&T (i537) S4A running MF3. If someone out there has a rooted S4A running MF3, and if you have a couple of minutes to spare to extract a modem.bin, I'd really appreciate it...

Here's how to extract it. It can be done directly on the phone with a terminal emulater (e.g. Android Terminal Emulator or VX ConnectBot) or from an ADB shell if you already have one set up:

Code:
su
dd if=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/mdm of=/sdcard/mf3-modem.bin bs=4096
Just be sure not to swap the "if" and "of"!

Thank you!!
23rd June 2014, 05:06 PM   |  #2  
Washington, D.C.
Thanks Meter: 375

1,055 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gurnec

I'm trying to find (but so far have failed) a modem.bin from an AT&T (i537) S4A running MF3. If someone out there has a rooted S4A running MF3, and if you have a couple of minutes to spare to extract a modem.bin, I'd really appreciate it...

Here's how to extract it. It can be done directly on the phone with a terminal emulater (e.g. Android Terminal Emulator or VX ConnectBot) or from an ADB shell if you already have one set up:

Code:
su
dd if=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/mdm of=/sdcard/mf3-modem.bin bs=4096
Just be sure not to swap the "if" and "of"!

Thank you!!

Here's the link for the MF3 modem.bin using the command above as requested. I've also got a zip file containing MF3 modem.bin and NON-HLOS.bin that I had extracted earlier. You might want to take a look and make sure that the modem.bin files are the same, I would hate to provide something that screws up your phone. I'm not sure what commands I used to extract those files, but hopefully it's useful as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to Devo7v For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd June 2014, 06:28 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Thanks, that was quick!

My i537 had no trouble recognizing the modem.bin (and the two separate files were the same).
23rd June 2014, 09:32 PM   |  #4  
Washington, D.C.
Thanks Meter: 375

1,055 posts
More
Quote:

Thanks, that was quick!

My i537 had no trouble recognizing the modem.bin (and the two separate files were the same).

Were you able to flash the modem and get everything working properly? I had the zip lying around, but I've never had a reason to try to flash it.
26th June 2014, 08:38 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Quote:

Thanks, that was quick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devo7v

Were you able to flash the modem and get everything working properly? I had the zip lying around, but I've never had a reason to try to flash it.

Yes, it flashed just fine and was recognized as MF3 by the baseband processor, and it seems to work normally. It didn't solve the underlying issue I was trying to troubleshoot (msm_hsic_host is forcing a permanent kernel wakelock w/both NC9 and NE3), but I'm not even sure the baseband software is the problem....

Thanks again for the help.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
mf3, modem.bin
Previous Thread Next Thread