FORUMS

XDA Office Space: Frankenstein’s Perfect IM Client?

The portal’s decentralized XDA office lies in a Hangouts chatroom, where … more

Which IM Client on Android is best?

With so many different messengers to choose from, it can be tough to find the best one for you and … more

Android Factory Reset Security Flaw and More – XDA TV

Nvidia is releasing a 500Gb SHIELD TV Pro! That and much more news is … more

Android M Code Name: Macadamia Nut Cookie

While the official name for the latest iteration of Android has yet to be revealed, the code … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Android 4.4 Kitkat N7100 source released!

20th June 2014, 07:36 AM |#1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 21
 
More
KitKat n7100 source has been released!

http://opensource.samsung.com/recept...rchValue=n7100
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Iredion For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
21st June 2014, 08:09 AM |#2  
Senior Member
Flag The Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 60
 
More
I'm not really familiar with ROM cooking etc., but does this mean that kooks can optimize their ROMs?
21st June 2014, 04:10 PM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 21
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilscollection

I'm not really familiar with ROM cooking etc., but does this mean that kooks can optimize their ROMs?

It (probably) means that custom 4.4 ROMs (like Cyanogen and Omni) can become more stable and with less bugs. There have been long-standing issues with e.g camera and bluetooth. Hopefully these updated Samsung sources could contain some fixes.
The Following User Says Thank You to Iredion For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd June 2014, 06:47 AM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 174
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iredion

It (probably) means that custom 4.4 ROMs (like Cyanogen and Omni) can become more stable and with less bugs. There have been long-standing issues with e.g camera and bluetooth. Hopefully these updated Samsung sources could contain some fixes.

Hope so if the call audio bug can get fixed Im gonna be flipping AOSP ROMS like pancakes
26th June 2014, 04:57 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Flag Modi'in
Thanks Meter: 122
 
More
Google said the 5.0 AOSP should be ready for download from tomorrow.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to sms2000 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th June 2014, 08:23 PM |#6  
fatihaktas1988's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 37
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sms2000

Google said the 5.0 AOSP should be ready for download from tomorrow.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk

https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images can we youse this for note 2?

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Free mobile app
26th June 2014, 08:43 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Flag Modi'in
Thanks Meter: 122
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatihaktas1988

https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images can we youse this for note 2?

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Free mobile app

Not of cause. Factory images are useful for Nexus devices only.

Our developers have to download the actual sources when available and merge all the kernel code and close source elements.

To have 5.0 with N7100 we need at least the full AOSP source and hope that 4.4.x kernel and other elements are compatible.
The Following User Says Thank You to sms2000 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes