Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Another bricked E980

OP lesterp

26th June 2014, 03:46 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13

130 posts
A few weeks ago I installed the stock Hong Kong E988 KitKat KDZ using this guide on my E980:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...4294&nocache=1

No problems other than the known 16GB storage issue and CWM 6.0.4.4 doesn't see an external sdcard.

I kept meaning to either do the E988 clockworkmod restore method to get the full 32gb of storage or
esimon311's E980 CWM restore or flashable zip, but since CWM didn't see my external sdcard it wasn't happening.

I finally used freegee to install CWM 6.0.4.7 yesterday which does see external sdcards. I made a nandroid backup and did the
E988 restore. It resulted in the bootloop to recovery problem. Multiple attempts with LGFlashTools and the ATT Kitkat TOT
resulted in wrong dll or device error after 4 seconds.

I tried the E988 KDZ method that worked weeks ago but the R&D Test Tool crashes during KDZ extracting no matter what.

I adb pushed MadMack's hacked TWRP which I used to run when I was using CM11 or Beanstalk, hoping that it was a recovery issue.
I was able to flash it but rebooting just resulted in full brick stuck on the LG logo.

I can get the phone into Download Mode and try all of the above, but still no joy...

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
26th June 2014, 03:51 AM   |  #2  
Hendersonville NC
Thanks Meter: 1,327

4,675 posts
Donate to Me
More
Try a different computer with flashtool

2SHAYNEZ
26th June 2014, 04:06 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13

130 posts
I did

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayneflashindaily

Try a different computer with flashtool

2SHAYNEZ

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fail.JPG
Views:	55
Size:	13.2 KB
ID:	2817879  
Last edited by lesterp; 26th June 2014 at 04:59 AM.
26th June 2014, 05:26 AM   |  #4  
Hendersonville NC
Thanks Meter: 1,327

4,675 posts
Donate to Me
More
Weird ... Drivers installed and working?... Com set to 41 I think ...... Follow instructions to a T ! Good luck man I dunno

2SHAYNEZ
26th June 2014, 09:08 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 31

549 posts
We have the same problem before.

please delete the previous LMOBILE EAX contents from pRogramdata and unimstall msxml and LG drivers from Programs Control Panel. and start again from scratch.

Take note to disable Antivirus and Enable Windows Enabler with ON.

Before you click the Marwin, make sure BOTH drivers from Windows and your phone are installed.

To fix the internal low 10 GB storage from e988 Kdz file, just simply flash the Panama Rom KDZ file Jellybean.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA Free mobile app
26th June 2014, 09:53 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 7

83 posts
To answer the original question: download and use f240 dll instead. It is universal and will let you flash any TOT file, including e980 10p

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread