Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,988 Members 54,606 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Just the PIT file?

Tip us?

xdabruin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Just the PIT file?

I've got AOSP installed on my SGH-M919 so it looks and feels like a 9505 GPE. I want to go back to stock. I'm trying to flash with ODIN and it keeps failing. From what I can tell I just need to flash the PIT file in addition to the tar.md5 file. Unfortunately all I can find is a crappy rapidgator link that's going to take ~20 hours to download a complete ZIP file with a bunch of extraneous crap (beyond the PIT file).

I want to know if there's a place to get just the tiny PIT file? Maybe there's a better place to download the full ZIP file than RapidGator? I've tried google. I've tried XDA search. "Help me forum posts, you're my only hope."

highlander07422
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Try this link. let me know if it works.

http://www.tsar3000.com/Joomla/index...sung&Itemid=82

xdabruin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks... but unfortunately my answer is "nope - neither the M919 or the M919n links worked." I got to an ultraspammed 4shared download page with a 20 second counter that never counted down. I tried every link and they were either an unrelated clicktrap ad or an attempt to steal various social network permissions.

escknx
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdabruin View Post
I've got AOSP installed on my SGH-M919 so it looks and feels like a 9505 GPE. I want to go back to stock. I'm trying to flash with ODIN and it keeps failing. From what I can tell I just need to flash the PIT file in addition to the tar.md5 file. Unfortunately all I can find is a crappy rapidgator link that's going to take ~20 hours to download a complete ZIP file with a bunch of extraneous crap (beyond the PIT file).

I want to know if there's a place to get just the tiny PIT file? Maybe there's a better place to download the full ZIP file than RapidGator? I've tried google. I've tried XDA search. "Help me forum posts, you're my only hope."
Forget about pit.
Just flash this one
https://mega.co.nz/#!k1gEzDgQ!nDZe4s...GYCQ5VLvX6dFag
via odin PDA or AB(if odin 3.09)

THE MOST important that your cable is connected to you PC straight, w/o any usb hubs
If odin fails - change the cable, 99% your cable is bad

and you'll be fine on latest firmware/baseband

for root and knox look here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2677252

lalec
Old
Thanks Meter 93
This is in the wrong forum.