FORUMS

[Q][HD+] CM11 eMMC shows drastic reduce in internal storage total size?

21 posts
Thanks Meter: 1
 
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I recently set up a friend of mine with CM11, installed to eMMC, on their 32GB HD+. However, they complain that their internal storage has shrunk to about 2GB. How can I get the other space back? I know some space is eaten by a factory reset image and the OS itself, but there should still be far more space than that.
 
 
26th June 2014, 06:32 AM |#2  
leapinlar's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,814
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supakitsune

I recently set up a friend of mine with CM11, installed to eMMC, on their 32GB HD+. However, they complain that their internal storage has shrunk to about 2GB. How can I get the other space back? I know some space is eaten by a factory reset image and the OS itself, but there should still be far more space than that.

What do they mean by internal storage? And how are they determining it is only 2GB? When you set up CM11 for them, did you factory reset and delete all the media files they had stored on /sdcard?

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
26th June 2014, 03:15 PM |#3  
Supakitsune's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Bronx, NY
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar

What do they mean by internal storage? And how are they determining it is only 2GB? When you set up CM11 for them, did you factory reset and delete all the media files they had stored on /sdcard?

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app

It seems they left out a few of the details when they called originally. The internal storage actually shows 27GB total but 2GB available.
A simple wipe should fix that, as you mention.
They report that they can't load files to their external SD card over MTP because it doesn't show up in Windows Explorer, though. Is this a CM11 problem in particular (it recognizes there's an SD card plugged in at least)?
26th June 2014, 10:33 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 34
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supakitsune

They report that they can't load files to their external SD card over MTP because it doesn't show up in Windows Explorer, though. Is this a CM11 problem in particular (it recognizes there's an SD card plugged in at least)?

It's not obvious, but under Settings > Storage, in the upper right, there are 3 vertical dots that are a drop down menu. When you tap it, it says "USB computer connection." Make sure MTP is enabled.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm11, emmc, internal storage, nook, nook hd+
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes