Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,073 Members 40,725 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Delayed notifications with apps

Tip us?

BanziBaby
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 65
Default Delayed notifications with apps

Hi,

Ever since updating to 402 firmware & unlocking BL I have noticed a issue with notifications being delayed, I use DoubleTwist alarm app (paid) & set alarm to go off at 9 am, I then wake up thinking I have woken up before the alarm has went off but when I double tap the screen to see the time as soon as the lock screen appears the alarm then goes off & the time is 10:30 am which as you can imagine causes problems with being late, the stock alarm app works fine & goes off at the right time with no issues.

The Calendar app does the same, if I get a reminder then tap snooze for 30 mins it wont notify me again till I unlock the screen & then the app shows the snoozed reminder.

I have done full system reset, wipes etc & cleared data & then uninstalled the DoubleTwist alarm app but the issue still keeps happening.

Any idea's?

heyumf
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Me also facing the same problem seems like we have to wait for the new firmware to fix the bug

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app
Sony Ericsson X10i Samsung galaxy s2 Samsung Note

BanziBaby
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 65
Yeah hopefully the 438 firmware will fix the issue, just wondering though if you use stamina mode on with extended standby option enabled?

HussainQ
Old
Thanks Meter 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanziBaby View Post
Yeah hopefully the 438 firmware will fix the issue, just wondering though if you use stamina mode on with extended standby option enabled?
If you're using Stamina Mode then make sure to include the said app in the exclusion list so that it can run in the background while Stamina is on.

I had to do that in order to stop my smartwatch from disconnecting itself every time I want to view a notification.
If I've ever been of any assistance, just press the THANKS button

BanziBaby
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 65
Cheers for the reply HussainQ, I do have DT alarm app in the whitelist along with calendar app, calendar sync etc, about 24 apps in the list so far.

What annoys me is that Sony changed stamina mode in 402, before on 55 I could just tap the quick tile to turn it on without having to have extended standby or extended usage enabled ie using the quick tile turned stamina mode on without getting the the cancel/configure box, in 402 now tapping the quick tile brings up that cancel/configure box & stamina mode won't stay on unless I tick extended standby.