Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,559 Members 40,997 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] floating/hovering touch phenomenon

Tip us?

hEDDA89
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] floating/hovering touch phenomenon

Hi,

does anyone else experience the phenomenon on his M8 device, which is pretty much similar to the Xperia Floating Touch feature (can not post a link to a description of this feature sry, just search google with "xperia floating touch" for more information about that).
About 1 out of 10 "touches" is already detected while actually hovering (1-2mm) and not touching the screen. Most of the time this is no issue, while playing flappy bird e.g. this is pretty annoying though ;P.
Is this a bug or a feature which I'm not aware of(searched the internet and forums, but didn't find anything about that) and how can I turn this off?

I am using the Android Revolution HD 8 system at the moment.

Thank you for your help!

samsamuel
Old
Thanks Meter 1,047
It's just the sensitivity of the screen, combined with just how charged your skin is. I get it a few times weekly,just a few,, my gf,who also gets lots of random static jolts from lifts,car doors,etc, gets it constantly,and can barely use it. ( which is perfectly fine by me!) I find a slight tongue touch to the tip sorts it for me.

XDA app on m8 running venom
ViperOneM8 VIPER4Android

O2 UK automated free sim unlock form.

Want to say thanks? Do you buy stuff on eBay? Click HERE to donate to me FOR FREE