[Q] VIBEZ k910 BRICKED!!! NEED HELP

Search This thread

hientran41

Jun 18, 2010
I have a VIBEZ K910 with locked bootloader after upgrading to version 4.4.2. Now it's bricked. Cannot enter test mode with the combination Volumn - and Power button. I think the droidboot.img is damaged. Cannot enter recovery either. Anybody can help me unbrick the phone? Pls:crying:

f4780y

Mar 28, 2014
Troon
Sorry to hear about your bricked phone. I can't help specifically as I don't have a Lenovo, but having a search around XDA there seems to have been some success reported in the following thread:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2597590

See this post - http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=52013378&postcount=412

Another post in that thread suggests:

Turn off the phone --> Run minimal ABD and fastboot as admin--> just write the command for recovery install (don't hit enter yet)--> press volume + and volume - button and connect the phone to pc via usb--> now hit enter and voila. Your phone will boot in recovery.

Good luck!

hientran41

Jun 18, 2010
Sorry to hear about your bricked phone. I can't help specifically as I don't have a Lenovo, but having a search around XDA there seems to have been some success reported in the following thread:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2597590

See this post - http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=52013378&postcount=412

Another post in that thread suggests:

Good luck!
i tried this aldready, but my phone is locked bootloder so that method is no help. Thank you for your support anyway.

f4780y

Mar 28, 2014
Troon
i tried this aldready, but my phone is locked bootloder so that method is no help. Thank you for your support anyway.

OK, but did you look at the second link there, to the specific post in that thread? It suggests a process for locked bootloader, which is why I thought it might help...

Anyhoo, I hope you manage to get it fixed somehow!

hientran41

Jun 18, 2010
Is anybody have the droidboot.img file from the VibeZ K910 dualsim, pls upload it for me. i cannot find it anywhere.

hientran41

Jun 18, 2010
I look into the second link as well. that method for user have a working phone but locked bootloader and want to downgrade.

Geguniukas

May 15, 2012
u fix your phone?

I have a VIBEZ K910 with locked bootloader after upgrading to version 4.4.2. Now it's bricked. Cannot enter test mode with the combination Volumn - and Power button. I think the droidboot.img is damaged. Cannot enter recovery either. Anybody can help me unbrick the phone? Pls:crying:

hi do u fix your phone?

gimmeluck2

Jun 30, 2013
hi do u fix your phone?

i bricked also :(
dunno what to do..

---------- Post added at 12:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 AM ----------

did you fixed the phone?

buzzbuzz1

Nov 30, 2014
lenovo k910e 4.2.2 bricked after TWRP for 4.4.2 installation

Hi , this is my first time on the site , so forgive me if ive posted this in the wrong place.
I briked my Lenovo k910e running 4.2.2 rom with google apps purchased off Aliexpress.
What i did was run the flashrec.exe file for TWRP , but not until too late did i realise it was for 4.4.2 instead of 4.2.2.
Now i cannot boot the phone , TWRP was successfully installed and operational , but after about 20 reboots TWRP flash screen is stuck on the TeamWin logo and not accessable.

Ive tried mostl sugestions on this site and others without luck.

I can get the phone recognised with fastboot only after these commands ;
cd downloads
cd fastboot
adb devices
and it seems i may be able to push files to my device.

Is there a working link to the k910 OEM rom k910_ss_s_2_040_0109_131226 someone could direct me to.
All the links i have found so far are corrupted. Is there a way of repairing the TWRP recovery i have in the phone now.
Am I correct in assuming I have to install the OEM factory 4.2.2 ROM to wipe TWRP and istal Lenovo recovery ?.

Any help would be so appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:

evilnanouk

Feb 21, 2014
Solution ( k910 bricked )

Ok here is the solution even if your device ( k910 dual sim ) is completely bricked as was mine.

I was stuck in Lenovo logo with no success in finding right and working drivers ( windows 7 64x ) and i was not able to to get in recovery official ...everything was just - somehow - deleted...

I had locked bootloader **** and was not be able to flash cmw in working mode ****

There was nothing for me that could recover my phone even if the "hard" way with QPST or miflash etc

So....after 3 days....find this solution and hope this will help you because it is soooooooooo easy finally!

Steps:

1) Download lenovo driver ( i think it is useless in fact but ok....just run it you dont have anything more to loose :p )

https://www.dropbox.com/s/frbpz16udrefoit/LenovoUsbDriver_autorun_1.0.112.exe?dl=0

2a) Download and install Minimal adb

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uvngsu4vz4hvsky/minimal_adb_fastboot_v1.1.3_setup.exe?dl=0

So now you have to use the right recovery image ( this file has to be inside minimal adb folder )....so here it is:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ge05m1fe8n4qgb1/recovery.img?dl=0

2b)
Download this ROM ( this worked for me - with other i did try i did get an error )

http://www.needrom.com/download/lenovo-k910-vibeui-2-0/

prefer the last updated version ( 1501 )

Put this rom in the same ADB folder and renale zip in VIBE1411.ZIP ( in order to be easier later ) :p

3) Turn off the device open Adb and write : fastboot boot recovery.img ( to have it ready )
4) Push volume + $ volume - at the same time and AFTER connect with usb to your pc - At the time the device will vibrate HIT ENTER in ADB

This will flash the recovery and after 1 minute device will open in a recovery screen with an adb update option ***

SELECT THIS adb update OPTION !

Your device kow it is ready to flash the new rom ! ( you will realize that everything is right from many usb beeps you will hear )

5)In adb console write : adb sideload VIBE1411.ZIP

This will take a little ....after that your device will reboot ! Dont panic if for a few minutes it will stuck in lenovo logo....

IT IS NORMAL AND YOU HAVE TO WAIT!

Hope this will help you.....please feel free to tell me if this worked for you.

C u :)

sandycool123

Dec 25, 2014
Delhi
Same thing happens to my lenovo vibe z k910

Hi , this is my first time on the site , so forgive me if ive posted this in the wrong place.
I briked my Lenovo k910e running 4.2.2 rom with google apps purchased off Aliexpress.
What i did was run the flashrec.exe file for TWRP , but not until too late did i realise it was for 4.4.2 instead of 4.2.2.
Now i cannot boot the phone , TWRP was successfully installed and operational , but after about 20 reboots TWRP flash screen is stuck on the TeamWin logo and not accessable.

Ive tried mostl sugestions on this site and others without luck.

I can get the phone recognised with fastboot only after these commands ;
cd downloads
cd fastboot
adb devices
and it seems i may be able to push files to my device.

Is there a working link to the k910 OEM rom k910_ss_s_2_040_0109_131226 someone could direct me to.
All the links i have found so far are corrupted. Is there a way of repairing the TWRP recovery i have in the phone now.
Am I correct in assuming I have to install the OEM factory 4.2.2 ROM to wipe TWRP and istal Lenovo recovery ?.

Any help would be so appreciated. Thanks

After running twrp recovery it operates 3-4 times but now it flashes on twrp screen and screen goes blank and again flashes . I am unable to on it and as it shows only light and lenovo logo after that blank screen . Please help me in this. Its only detecting in adb recovery not any other mode.

lenovomhamed

Jan 6, 2015
lenove vibe Z k910 locked and stuck in logo

hello all
I ve done every word and many other tutorials but still the problem the same:
adb devices give just nothing
but fastboot devices gives the device
the driver is installed correctly detected in devices of the computer
here is the response for :fastboot boot recovery.img:
~/Desktop/lenovo]$ fastboot boot recovery.img (master✱)
< waiting for device >
downloading 'boot.img'...
OKAY [ 0.536s]
booting...
FAILED (remote: Locked)
finished. total time: 0.538s
thanks for everyone to help

airionpeacher

Jun 6, 2013
Boot into recovery under bricked condition

Today I bricked K910 after reinstalling GMS apk.
The phone hanged at boot logo.
Nothing can be from here.
I decided to take this risk.
I removed the back cover and disconnected the battery terminal.
After that I plugged back the terminal.
Several tries by power button and volume down to get into the recovery mode. All failed.
Each time it hanged at boot logo.
I have to redo the battery terminal unplug sequence again.

This is correct method to get into recovery mode.

Press power button and volume down till the Lenovo logo appears.
Move the power button finger to the position of the " Home " of the touchscreen position.
Hold till the recovery menu appears. Choose factory reset to erase the phone.
There was two lit small icon below. Make your choice.
The phone will be erased by reset.
Reboot after the process.

I solved my phone bricked problem.
Hope the method will solve your problem.
Good day to all K910 users.

Mondo92

May 21, 2016
my vibe z cannot access the recovery mode (PWR + VLM DOWN), it only vibrate. If turn on only stuck at Logo. Please help .