Locked bootloader bypass = $

Search This thread

Mortify1

Oct 21, 2010
I'm willing to throw up $100 for the first Dev to unlock a locked bootloader on the Z2. I miss my AOSP ! Anyone else chipping in?

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Envious_Data

Oct 12, 2012
Imagination
enviousmedia.design
A non unlockable bootloader is not easily unlocked, it will take upto 2 years to unlock a single device so its pointless, and even then this unlock will only work on that device so no, no unlock

As for aosp roms, all we need is a third kernel in the system partition, its quite hard but done before and works fine when done

Mortify1

Oct 21, 2010
I'm saying that I'd be willing to pay whichever method gets me AOSP.

mishooo

Feb 8, 2007
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
A bit off topic but.

Did i miss something in the android world - i have never had a sony device before (always used htc even before htcdev) but what changed once upon a time usually exploits came around in a matter of months not years. So did sony invent the ultimate protection system or something like that ?

funky0308

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 27, 2012
Osijek
A bit off topic but.

Did i miss something in the android world - i have never had a sony device before (always used htc even before htcdev) but what changed once upon a time usually exploits came around in a matter of months not years. So did sony invent the ultimate protection system or something like that ?

Don't understand you?
"We have" found exploits for all fw for now...

All latest firmwares for all Xperia devices (Z,Z1(s and c) Z2 and all older devices could be rooted..

Z2 is 2-3 month old device and we have root method for all firmwares...

That doesn't have anything with custom ROMs or AOSP ROMs.

Locked bootloader is something totally diferent.
Locked bootloader is something Sony won't do , that's something requested by operators (mostly t-mobile) - Google it and you'll get it..

Reactions: Geeks Empire

mishooo

Feb 8, 2007
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Don't understand you?

All latest firmwares for all Xperia devices (Z,Z1(s and c) Z2 and all older devices could be rooted..

Locked bootloader is something Sony won't do , that's something requested by operators (mostly t-mobile) - Google it and you'll get it..

Yes i meant unlocking the bootloader (i know what locked bootloader is dont worry). As i said I used to have HTC`s for the past like 10 years and initially (true during the windows era that was not a problem) then alparev did the job etc anyway was more of me just thinking about it ;) no worries

Naiks20

Mar 17, 2013
Just wondering if that AOSP for locked bootloaders got anywhere, I just updated to 23.0.1.A.0.167 and lost root

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A bit off topic but.

Don't understand you?