MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

[Q] M7 Custom roms install then freeze

27th June 2014, 12:47 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Got an interesting issue. Interesting as in annoying the **** outta me ha ha

My phone accepts and installs any custom ROM (Tried Maximus, ViperOne and Revolution so far) it says successfully installed, press here to reboot - all good to that point. I then reboot and it sticks at the HTC screen forever - left it overnight just in case it was doing something funky and just needed time. Some of the ROM issues I've read about suggest clearing cache etc. No luck so far.
If I then hard reboot, go to recovery and clear cache or factory reset it doesn't change the result. The only ROM that doesn't have this issue is CM 11 via their installer program.

Any ideas what I'm missing?

I thought about finding a RUU and going back to the start but of course I can't find a RUU for my area (Australia) nearest one is Asia - and I'm not sure if I can just use another RUU and cant find anything to say either way.

Can anyone give me any pointers?? Ideally I'd like to be left with the Revolution ROM BTW

Thanks
27th June 2014, 02:46 AM   |  #2  

3 posts
Did you try to update your custom recovery?
27th June 2014, 05:19 AM   |  #3  
Flag Halesowen
Thanks Meter: 343

1,162 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmudgeSmith

Got an interesting issue. Interesting as in annoying the **** outta me ha ha

My phone accepts and installs any custom ROM (Tried Maximus, ViperOne and Revolution so far) it says successfully installed, press here to reboot - all good to that point. I then reboot and it sticks at the HTC screen forever - left it overnight just in case it was doing something funky and just needed time. Some of the ROM issues I've read about suggest clearing cache etc. No luck so far.
If I then hard reboot, go to recovery and clear cache or factory reset it doesn't change the result. The only ROM that doesn't have this issue is CM 11 via their installer program.

Any ideas what I'm missing?

I thought about finding a RUU and going back to the start but of course I can't find a RUU for my area (Australia) nearest one is Asia - and I'm not sure if I can just use another RUU and cant find anything to say either way.

Can anyone give me any pointers?? Ideally I'd like to be left with the Revolution ROM BTW

Thanks

Which recovery are you using ?
27th June 2014, 05:27 AM   |  #4  
Flag Brisbane

4 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanie280672

Which recovery are you using ?

Have tried CWM and TWRP both latest releases
27th June 2014, 05:40 AM   |  #5  
Flag Halesowen

1,162 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by smudge01

Have tried CWM and TWRP both latest releases

Use twrp 2.6.3.3 or 2.6.3.4
27th June 2014, 08:01 AM   |  #6  
Flag Brisbane

4 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanie280672

Use twrp 2.6.3.3 or 2.6.3.4

Is that better for this type of thing than the latest? Thanks for the pointer - will give it a try
27th June 2014, 08:31 AM   |  #7  
Flag Halesowen

1,162 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by smudge01

Is that better for this type of thing than the latest? Thanks for the pointer - will give it a try

most compatible to date with the least issues.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread