Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,193 Members 36,990 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Annoying audio notifications

Tip us?

PJB19
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Annoying audio notifications

SAMSUNG decided that it would be a good idea to install a ****load of audio notifications on to my quiet device GALAXY 10.1 tablet.

The sounds which include a random bell sound, FOR WHAT???? as well as "folder open" audio whenever I open or close a folder, every time I change the page on the home screen, I get page x of Y ...

I cant find how to turn these ******* sounds off except by turning off all sounds. I have tried every setting I can find in Accessibility, Sounds and Notificatons. So how the **** do I turn them off please tell me?

Finally Tell me who the idiot responsible for this functionality is pleae so I can slowly torture him/her it then drive an axe through the ******* STUPID skull!!!

GT8010 ANDROID V4.1.2
The Following User Says Thank You to PJB19 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sholsten
Old
Thanks Meter 55
I have this freaking same issue. I hate it. How do we disable it????
Save gas, drive a Diesel

AT&T SM-G900A Black S5 - Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8013 - Galaxy Mega GT-I9205 On the shelf.

lordofstuff
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Have you checked to make sure talkback is turned off under accessibility? I think that is what s causing your issues.

sholsten
Old
Thanks Meter 55
This has been caused by some kind of Samsung update. There is a bunch has this same issue on Google.
Save gas, drive a Diesel

AT&T SM-G900A Black S5 - Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8013 - Galaxy Mega GT-I9205 On the shelf.

sholsten
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Sammy killed these for awhile but the they're back now. It is so damned ridiculous. Is there a way to disable this yet?
Save gas, drive a Diesel