FORUMS

OnePlus Addresses Reservation List Cheating

Jake Cooper figured out how to bump his place up on OnePlus’ reservation list and … more

OnePlus 2 Benchmark Scores Show Its Muscle

This video by FoneArena contains all the popular benchmarks being tested on the OnePlus 2, … more

Sony’s Emergence in The Middle: Is The Price Right?

Sony’s Electronics Division is not in its best days, and its smartphone … more

HTC Delivering Ads Straight to Sense Home

HTC’s 2015 has been a year marked by a desperate search for revenue.The HTC One M9 … more

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][JB] PAC-Man ROM for olympus

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 8

By ASwagBoy, Junior Member on 3rd February 2014, 11:45 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
15th February 2014, 12:36 PM |#31  
Quote:
Originally Posted by torque

This ROM has two wifi drivers: bcmdhd and bcm4329. It might be related.

Anyway, even w/o wifi, this ROM with newest build of kernel is mega fluid and stable.

those are the two common wifi drivers for this device. And since they both were incorporated into the ROM, I included them in the kernel package. I mean if there are no problems with both of them present in the original ROM, I don't see a reason on why they would be a problem in the upgrade package. I'll try tweaking the package later on today and see if it just needs one or the other.

15th February 2014, 06:53 PM |#32  
OP Junior Member
Flag Alajuela
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmbeach05

those are the two common wifi drivers for this device. And since they both were incorporated into the ROM, I included them in the kernel package. I mean if there are no problems with both of them present in the original ROM, I don't see a reason on why they would be a problem in the upgrade package. I'll try tweaking the package later on today and see if it just needs one or the other.

Maybe if you change this line "wifi.interface=wlan0" on build.prop to "wifi.interface=eth0" wifi will work on other kernel.
15th February 2014, 06:59 PM |#33  
Flag İstanbul
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Still little laggy

MB860 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi
15th February 2014, 07:09 PM |#34  
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASwagBoy

Maybe if you change this line "wifi.interface=wlan0" on build.prop to "wifi.interface=eth0" wifi will work on other kernel.

Maybe. I mean that kernel is the one just released by krystian, and he built the package for epinter's cm10.1 which does say wlan0, so idk, but I will give it a shot.
18th February 2014, 06:08 PM |#35  
Flag Wroclaw
Thanks Meter: 25

More
I remember that in older kernels (epinter's source) we had problems with tethering. Tethering was a problem of module libraries. New kernels have bcmdhd (if I'm correct). So solution for compatibility with PAC is to change module for rom on new kernel. I don't know exactly if it's only kernel related OR it can be change somewhere in ROM to force use new kernel libs.
Last edited by torque; 18th February 2014 at 06:11 PM.
27th June 2014, 01:41 AM |#36  
Flag DC
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Smile
this rom is freaking awesome.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread