Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,794 Members 47,272 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Droid Razr M xt907 Kitkat Update Failed

Tip us?

galestz
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default droid razr M kitkat update fail

I would like to know a solution, I'm tired of trying and do not get even with rsd lite.
this is my mail: emmanu-el-galan@hotmail.com

shromy
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by galestz View Post
I would like to know a solution, I'm tired of trying and do not get even with rsd lite.
this is my mail: emmanu-el-galan@hotmail.com
because you have not modified the xml file after decompressing the entire zip.

Steve977
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default It just won't work !

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowwolfsl View Post
I'm using a droid razr m xt907 by verizon. Yesterday an update was released for 4.4.2 kitkat, my phone is still rooted and i can't find the safest way to unroot it so i can get the update. Does anyone know the best way to unroot and make sure everything's normal again so that the 4.4 update will work this time? It stops at around 25% into the update. Thanks for any help.

Edit: I've tried a factory restore, i unrooted completely. My kernell is normal, my stock recovery is normal. The update just isn't working, and i don't know the best way to fix it. My bootloader is locked, so there was never any custom recovery or ROM's installed.
I also had a Razr M. i unroot it by SuperSU, but it won't update properly, same like others, 25%, then fail.

shadowwolfsl
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve977 View Post
I also had a Razr M. i unroot it by SuperSU, but it won't update properly, same like others, 25%, then fail.
i got it functioning after rsd lite back to stock after a factory restore
The Following User Says Thank You to shadowwolfsl For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

galestz
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by shromy View Post
because you have not modified the xml file after decompressing the entire zip.

I have found the solution, you have to edit the XML file that is in the ROM. and delete the lines containing the words ("oem" and "var"). then you put the phone in fastboot mode and use the rom with the modified file will have only about 18 steps then when the last file billboards will ask you turn on the phone manually and status, restart your phone and enter mode fastboot again and finished well. NOTE: remember to put the usb debugging before starting everything. everything you do will be at your own risk, but so what I Realize, and it worked and I have my razr m with kitkat and before I could not for the same reason of the root. thank you all

Adriantech
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowwolfsl View Post
I'm using a droid razr m xt907 by verizon. Yesterday an update was released for 4.4.2 kitkat, my phone is still rooted and i can't find the safest way to unroot it so i can get the update. Does anyone know the best way to unroot and make sure everything's normal again so that the 4.4 update will work this time? It stops at around 25% into the update. Thanks for any help.

Edit: I've tried a factory restore, i unrooted completely. My kernell is normal, my stock recovery is normal. The update just isn't working, and i don't know the best way to fix it. My bootloader is locked, so there was never any custom recovery or ROM's installed.

I can resolve if u want reply me

Steve977
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Question Does it work while it is Rooted ?

Quote:
I have found the solution, you have to edit the XML file that is in the ROM. and delete the lines containing the words ("oem" and "var"). then you put the phone in fastboot mode and use the rom with the modified file will have only about 18 steps then when the last file billboards will ask you turn on the phone manually and status, restart your phone and enter mode fastboot again and finished well. NOTE: remember to put the usb debugging before starting everything. everything you do will be at your own risk, but so what I Realize, and it worked and I have my razr m with kitkat and before I could not for the same reason of the root. thank you all
I'm sorry, but dows it work while my phone is rooted ? before i noticed your solution, i had to delete all root apps and SuperSU (along with the root) to update it. And Failed.

djdrews4357
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
im getting phone returned fail y