Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,857 Members 44,551 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Slimport adapter (Micro usb to HDMI)

Tip us?

claud0902
Old
Thanks Meter 22
I don't care about 4k output actually. What I care is the support of use otg and screen output simultaneously. That's why mhl is more attractive than slimport atm. Would be disappointed if at the end G3 doesn't support mhl3.0.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

zumashark
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggazee View Post
Thank you for clarifying that. As you have stated that slimport 4k adapters will be released some time this year, can you confirm if the g3 will support these and be able to output in 4k rather than upscale?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Free mobile app
The new dongles will work on the G3, however, 4K output is not supported by the G3 circuitry so the output would still be high bitrate 1080p. A 4K TV would detect the 1080p signal and scale it to 4K. Best to check with LG on their product plans for 4K support in the future.
The Following User Says Thank You to zumashark For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ziggazee
Old
(Last edited by ziggazee; 27th June 2014 at 05:51 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by claud0902 View Post
I don't care about 4k output actually. What I care is the support of use otg and screen output simultaneously. That's why mhl is more attractive than slimport atm. Would be disappointed if at the end G3 doesn't support mhl3.0.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
It's confirmed the g3 supports slimport and not mhl. Zumashark is a spokesperson for Slimport and it's also listed as a supported device on the Slimport website. Although I also would have preferred mhl 3.0 as I have a 4K TV with mhl built in, which would have allowed me to control the phone using the TV remote when plugged into the TV and it would have charged the phone at the same time. 4K output was something I really wanted.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Free mobile app