Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,137 Members 49,756 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Unroot for Note 3 (NC4)

Tip us?

RECKLESS PAIN
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Unroot for Note 3 (NC4)

So last night I just rooted my Note using towelroot, and decided I didn't want it since it had an issue with updating SU Binarys and that b.s. so I ended up installing Root Checker, Ginger Unroot (which I paid $0.99 for) and Busy box Installer.....well before I decided against thay I didn't want to keep root and was trying to fix the SU, I instlled.the.lastest busy box on to my phone, then turned around and removed busy box from my phone again with the same app.....well after I used Ginger Unroot, I finally check my phone with.Root Checker and it.said in of course did not have any kind of root whatsoever. So I was all happy until u rebooted my phone about 3 or 4 tines and realized the "Custom" under the open padlock icon never disappeared. Meaning I still got modded files on my phone ???? So now I'm really rely irritated that this Icon will not go away on boot up and that somewhere I still got modded files on my phone! I even used 2 or 3 different root checkers and they all say my phone ain't rooted! So can someone please help me out here and see what I'm doing wrong?

verny94
Old
Thanks Meter 73
I think that everything associated with towelroot is removed by factory reset
Samsung Galaxy SIII
Omega ROM (4.3) v59; Boeffla kernel 5.3; TWRP recovery; Nova launcher Prime; S5 theme; Xposed
Hit a thanks button, when I helped you

zelenko
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by RECKLESS PAIN View Post
So last night I just rooted my Note using towelroot, and decided I didn't want it since it had an issue with updating SU Binarys and that b.s. so I ended up installing Root Checker, Ginger Unroot (which I paid $0.99 for) and Busy box Installer.....well before I decided against thay I didn't want to keep root and was trying to fix the SU, I instlled.the.lastest busy box on to my phone, then turned around and removed busy box from my phone again with the same app.....well after I used Ginger Unroot, I finally check my phone with.Root Checker and it.said in of course did not have any kind of root whatsoever. So I was all happy until u rebooted my phone about 3 or 4 tines and realized the "Custom" under the open padlock icon never disappeared. Meaning I still got modded files on my phone ???? So now I'm really rely irritated that this Icon will not go away on boot up and that somewhere I still got modded files on my phone! I even used 2 or 3 different root checkers and they all say my phone ain't rooted! So can someone please help me out here and see what I'm doing wrong?
hard reset need to back phone to normal. After hard reset i think your system will be official.
My beautiful Note 3 SM-N9005

hhai2pth
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
I think you should flash Stock NC4 firmware. It'll remove your root

RECKLESS PAIN
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
OK so I just did a factory reset on my phone and iis still throwing up the "Custom" padlock on boot up. So if wth to do. And how do you flash stock firmware? I don't know of my Note 3 came with the 4.4.2 Kitkat update when it came out of the box or if it had the 4.3 firmware. So if which file to use for Odin. Also what is an Hard Reset? Can you explain that to me?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhai2pth View Post
I think you should flash Stock NC4 firmware. It'll remove your root

hhai2pth
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
OK so I just did a factory reset on my phone and iis still throwing up the "Custom" padlock on boot up. So if wth to do. And how do you flash stock firmware? I don't know of my Note 3 came with the 4.4.2 Kitkat update when it came out of the box or if it had the 4.3 firmware. So if which file to use for Odin. Also what is an Hard Reset? Can you explain that to me?
What version are you in? you can check your lastest firmware on sammobile.com. Just download it and flash via Odin

RECKLESS PAIN
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I'm running Kitkat 4.4.2 on my NC4
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhai2pth View Post
What version are you in? you can check your lastest firmware on sammobile.com. Just download it and flash via Odin

Pulprat
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Stock Rom

Where would I go to get the stock ROM 4.4.2 for a Telus Note 3 (SM N900W8)?

hhai2pth
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
I cant find it on sammobile. You can check here: http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=SM-N9005
Find your ROM and flash via Odin

---------- Post added at 01:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulprat View Post
Where would I go to get the stock ROM 4.4.2 for a Telus Note 3 (SM N900W8)?
Your lastest Firmware: http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/3/?download=26669