Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,914 Members 45,673 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Disable data roaming pop-up

Tip us?

ReproOne
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeb1008 View Post
Hello.
I am not a developer but I have a solution to roaming guards if you have root. I am a very tech savvy person and usually modify all my phone's on my on.

Here we go and I am not responsible for anything that could go wrong. Don't worry this is fairly simple computer programming.

1. Make sure you have root.
2. Download SQLite editor from the play store.
3. Open SQLite editor and go to the root of your phone.
4. Open data/data/com.android.providers.settings
5. Open Setting.db and select secure.
6. Scroll down to line 117 and highlight data_roaming_guards_blocked and hit the pencil to edit.
7. Change wording to data_roaming_guards_allowed and save.
8. Scroll to line 122 and highlight voice_roaming_guard_blocked and hit pencil to edit.
9. Change wording to voice_roaming_guard_allowed and save.
10. There is no need to reboot just go directly to settings, mobile data and roaming guards. You should be able to select and deselect.

I hope this works for you and if it does let's put it out there. Lots of people have this problem and it took me several days to figure this out
I am rooted, so I paid for the SQLite application and tried your suggestion. My lines numbers were slightly different, but I found the entries and made the modifications. It allowed me to disable the options! I am not currently in a roaming area, as I was over the weekend, so I cannot currently ensure it disables the prompts. However, the options are now clickable...and now unchecked for me! Thank you!

Jeb1008
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Database Thanks

Thanks for the reply. Let me know if you have any problems.

ReproOne
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReproOne View Post
I am rooted, so I paid for the SQLite application and tried your suggestion. My lines numbers were slightly different, but I found the entries and made the modifications. It allowed me to disable the options! I am not currently in a roaming area, as I was over the weekend, so I cannot currently ensure it disables the prompts. However, the options are now clickable...and now unchecked for me! Thank you!
I also found out you can leave the name the same "_blocked", and then you only have to delete the value "domestic,international" from both entries. You have to restart the phone, but then that tells the system there is nothing to block. I have since went back and left the name entries as they were at default, but removed the values so they are blank.

Again, I appreciate your post as it was extremely helpful!

Jeb1008
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Database Roaming Guard Greyed out fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIMik3 View Post
I often work in a building where my phone ends up roaming, which is fine with me, except that I keep getting the stupid data roaming warning. I can't seem to disable it, because the options are check and greyed out in the data roaming guard menu.

how can i enable these options so i can uncheck them??
Please see your original thread about Roaming Guards being locked. I have posted a fix for the issue. I am trying to get enough post to be able to make a new thread in the developers section.
Thanks

Jeb1008
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Database Roaming guard fix

See Roaming guard fix at the bottom of page 1.