Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,324 Members 42,544 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Hide the Onscreen Keyboard

Tip us?

{ParanoiA}
Old
Thanks Meter 149
If use use titanium backup to try and uninstall it, it should give you the package name on the confirmation screen. And then you can cancel the uninstall before you actually remove it. That may work for getting the name.
HTC ONE M8: S-OFF
ROM: ViperOneM8
RECOVERY: TWRP
KERNEL: Stock

retroben
Old
(Last edited by retroben; 27th June 2014 at 01:02 AM.)
Thanks Meter 24
Found it using 7zipper 2.0 by viewing the details which required root access and was granted.

com.amazon.tv.ime

Just do the same steps as you would for dcp.

adb shell

su

pm disable com.amazon.tv.ime

And then it should no longer appear so you will never need to worry about the problems that could be caused by renaming it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to retroben For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

alwaysbless
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Ok so after testing using the method mentioned above it does in fact hide the on screen keyboard but it also completely disables the possibility of entering text in certain instances. For example, I enabled the above and disabled the similar method used for blocking. My FTV wasnt finding the update so I went to network settings and forgot my wifi network. When I tried to reconnect by selecting the network name there is no option at all to enter text of any sorts. I actually had to remove the password from my network connect unsecured and reconnect in to adb to disable the keyboard hiding to be able to reconnect to a secured network.

jrgx19
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by retroben View Post
Found it using 7zipper 2.0 by viewing the details which required root access and was granted.

com.amazon.tv.ime

Just do the same steps as you would for dcp.

adb shell

su

pm disable com.amazon.tv.ime

And then it should no longer appear so you will never need to worry about the problems that could be caused by renaming it.
Great. Works like a charm!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app