Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,254 Members 36,286 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Windows 8 on Galaxy Note Pro

Tip us?

nicolabatini
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Tablet [Q] Windows 8 on Galaxy Note Pro

The galaxy note pro is a really good tablet. But I would ask you if it support the installation of Windows 8. I think that Galaxy Note Pro should be more useful and more productive with dual boot.
Thanks

woowdy
Old
Thanks Meter 24
I don't think you can do that but you can use Remote PC to conncet your Windows computer and use it anywhere.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

rkirmeier
Old
Thanks Meter 61
No, you can't install Windows 8/8.1 on a Note Pro. And I completely disagree about it being more useful. Windows 8/8.1 makes crappy tablet OS and very limited for apps. Even if you could install a legacy x86/x64 installation (you can't cause note pro is a arm chip) and run traditional PC apps it would suck as traditional PC apps just don't work well on touch screen devices. Use the Remote PC or RDP to connect your your desktop/laptop for those things that you need full Windows otherwise use the tablet as intended...

Hiyoto
Old
Thanks Meter 2
The primary reason I'd be interested in installing Windows 8 would be to use it as a cheaper Cintiq Companion. But I suppose the biggest drawback would by stylus support. Any experience on using remote on this tablet on Photoshop with pressure sensitivity? Most posts I'm finding are either no or "maybe if the right app exists".

ShadowLea
Old
Thanks Meter 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiyoto View Post
Any experience on using remote on this tablet on Photoshop with pressure sensitivity? Most posts I'm finding are either no or "maybe if the right app exists".
Doesn't work. I've tried everything to get that to work. The problem is that because Photoshop runs inside an app, the app itself needs to be able to register the pen pressure. They don't, so Photoshop can't see it either.
SM-N9005 International Galaxy Note 3, DBT NB7 Stock
SM-G900F International Galaxy S5, PHN NCE Stock
SM-P905 NotePro 12.2 LTE Black, DBT NC3 Stock

The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. –Chinese Proverb

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

The simplest solutions are often the cleverest. They are also usually wrong.

Hiyoto
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowLea View Post
Doesn't work. I've tried everything to get that to work. The problem is that because Photoshop runs inside an app, the app itself needs to be able to register the pen pressure. They don't, so Photoshop can't see it either.
This app and Q&A have me hopeful:

http://www.sunnysidesoft.com/qna/

ShadowLea
Old
Thanks Meter 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiyoto View Post
This app and Q&A have me hopeful:

http://www.sunnysidesoft.com/qna/
That does indeed sound promising! Going to keep an eye on that one...

Their approach is completely different from a usual virtual PC app, so let's hope it works!
SM-N9005 International Galaxy Note 3, DBT NB7 Stock
SM-G900F International Galaxy S5, PHN NCE Stock
SM-P905 NotePro 12.2 LTE Black, DBT NC3 Stock

The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. –Chinese Proverb

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

The simplest solutions are often the cleverest. They are also usually wrong.