Mural Watchface Brings 500px to Android Wear

On a traditional watch, you can’t really do too much to change its appearance once … more

Android 5.0 Favorite Features, Release November 3rd? – XDA TV

Google Confirms Android 5.0 Lollipop for November 3rd! That and much more … more

Prepare Your Build Machines: Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn Now Official

Today is an important day for any and all Linux enthusiasts. One of the … more

Track the Time You Waste on Social Media with Socials Addict

When you use your phone, you often don’t even realize how much time you … more

[Q] Windows 8 on Galaxy Note Pro

OP nicolabatini

28th March 2014, 05:50 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
The galaxy note pro is a really good tablet. But I would ask you if it support the installation of Windows 8. I think that Galaxy Note Pro should be more useful and more productive with dual boot.
Thanks
29th March 2014, 06:55 AM   |  #2  
Flag Springfield Mo
Thanks Meter: 24

144 posts
More
I don't think you can do that but you can use Remote PC to conncet your Windows computer and use it anywhere.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
29th March 2014, 12:30 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 64

335 posts
No, you can't install Windows 8/8.1 on a Note Pro. And I completely disagree about it being more useful. Windows 8/8.1 makes crappy tablet OS and very limited for apps. Even if you could install a legacy x86/x64 installation (you can't cause note pro is a arm chip) and run traditional PC apps it would suck as traditional PC apps just don't work well on touch screen devices. Use the Remote PC or RDP to connect your your desktop/laptop for those things that you need full Windows otherwise use the tablet as intended...
24th June 2014, 08:29 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 2

35 posts
The primary reason I'd be interested in installing Windows 8 would be to use it as a cheaper Cintiq Companion. But I suppose the biggest drawback would by stylus support. Any experience on using remote on this tablet on Photoshop with pressure sensitivity? Most posts I'm finding are either no or "maybe if the right app exists".
25th June 2014, 09:35 AM   |  #5  
Flag Enschede, The Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 950

3,850 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiyoto

Any experience on using remote on this tablet on Photoshop with pressure sensitivity? Most posts I'm finding are either no or "maybe if the right app exists".

Doesn't work. I've tried everything to get that to work. The problem is that because Photoshop runs inside an app, the app itself needs to be able to register the pen pressure. They don't, so Photoshop can't see it either.
26th June 2014, 04:31 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 2

35 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowLea

Doesn't work. I've tried everything to get that to work. The problem is that because Photoshop runs inside an app, the app itself needs to be able to register the pen pressure. They don't, so Photoshop can't see it either.

This app and Q&A have me hopeful:

http://www.sunnysidesoft.com/qna/
27th June 2014, 08:43 AM   |  #7  
Flag Enschede, The Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 950

3,850 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiyoto

This app and Q&A have me hopeful:

http://www.sunnysidesoft.com/qna/

That does indeed sound promising! Going to keep an eye on that one...

Their approach is completely different from a usual virtual PC app, so let's hope it works!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread