Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,728 Members 44,344 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

New To HTC One M8

Tip us?

Phonicate
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default New To HTC One M8

Hey everyone. I want to clarify before I dig in with the reason for this help thread. I am familiar with rooting from a former phone of mine (HTC One V) and I had fun with it. My thing now is, I have an HTC One M8 with Sprint and I'm wary of rooting a contract phone so I want to do things a certain way. Still with me? Great!

What I want to achieve is as follows:

Root and s-off my M8.
Install Android Revolution HD.
Install the Harmon-Karmon software mod.

What I need to know is if I am using the right tools, the right Rom, and kernel. Also I want to be able to easily revert back to stock in case I have to send my phone in for one reason or another and I'm not sure if the recovery would have anything to do with that process.

For what I am trying to achieve what's the best way to go about it? I'm on smartpay I can't afford to.brick.this phone with a voided warranty!

radicalisto
Old
Thanks Meter 1,403

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phonicate View Post
Hey everyone. I want to clarify before I dig in with the reason for this help thread. I am familiar with rooting from a former phone of mine (HTC One V) and I had fun with it. My thing now is, I have an HTC One M8 with Sprint and I'm wary of rooting a contract phone so I want to do things a certain way. Still with me? Great!

What I want to achieve is as follows:

Root and s-off my M8.
Install Android Revolution HD.
Install the Harmon-Karmon software mod.

What I need to know is if I am using the right tools, the right Rom, and kernel. Also I want to be able to easily revert back to stock in case I have to send my phone in for one reason or another and I'm not sure if the recovery would have anything to do with that process.

For what I am trying to achieve what's the best way to go about it? I'm on smartpay I can't afford to.brick.this phone with a voided warranty!
Have a read in the General section of this forum, best advice one can give.. read, read then read some more. That way you know the ins and outs, the pros and cons and most importantly the issues that will/do/may arise. Good luck
// LG G3 (D855) // Stock // Stock //

S3(White) > M7(Red) > Note 3(Black) > Nexus 5(Black) > M8(Gunmetal) > LG G3 (Titan Grey)