26th June 2014, 07:25 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Amherst
Thanks Meter: 43

62 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hi,

I have an issue that started happening a few weeks ago. I would be using Google Music and listening to a CD (stored locally on my device), and then then the songs would start randomly changing...sometimes it would happen every few seconds...sometimes several times within a second..(as if someone had control of my device). When I go to stop google music (by hitting the X), it would start back up and start playing. [It will NOT jump outside of the playlist/cd selected....and it won't always skip in order....]

I rooted my phone a month or two had have been running EclipticOne6 [Keeping up with the latest releases]...with no issues until a few weeks ago [I thought it might have initially been related to constantly switching skin packs...]
I then went and tried wiping my device [Factory Reset...and even Advanced Wipe (everything including Internal storage)].and doing a fresh full install of 4.4...but that didn't fix it.
Last weekend i wiped it again and a completely new rom [Santod040's stock rom (updated 6/11/14)] and was fine for a few days, then it started reappearing. I've not installed any new programs....it's not constant.....but it's SUPER annoying.

Everything else works just fine on the phone.

Few things I've tried/Notes:
Doesn't happen all the time (sometimes it'll be fine for an hour....sometimes it'll happen almost immediately)
Rebooting/clearing cache doesn't appear to have an effect (no worse/no better)
I even tried another music app (AIMP)...and it did the same thing [In case this was related to some google service]
I've tried disabling any other running programs [Using Greenify and SDMaid]
It doesn't appear to be tied to a "timed" event....ie...doesn't happen every "5" minutes [Like a program wakes up and trips it]
I do use TIBU to restore apps/data (have been using this for years)
Lately, I've been Google restore my apps/settings when setting up the phone with each rom update
Once right after this happened I opened up MX Player (for video)....and the same thing happened....
I'm not new to rooting/unlocking/roms [been beating the heck out of many devices over the years ]
I've done a bunch of searches but can't seem to get a hit related to this
This will happen if I'm holding my phone still (so I don't think this is related to touching the volume button or activating something in my pocket.).....??

Anyone have thoughts / things to try? My next attempt might be to do a factory reset, and wipe everything and start from scratch...but that's a bit drastic. Or worse yet....return it to Verizon and have them give me a new phone (unrooted/locked)....

Thanks in advance,
Rez
27th June 2014, 07:21 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 467

1,415 posts
Donate to Me
More
Try the decrypted RUU in development section. It could be a bad partition screwing things up and an ruu is the only fix for that.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Uzephi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th June 2014, 12:12 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 32

157 posts
I had the exact same issue before. And it only happens when I have headphones in. I think its a ROM issue. I havent had it happen in a while though. Im using Nusense
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread