Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,054 Members 40,505 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[q] need help in removing the default lockscreen

Tip us?
 
sanchitd5
Old
#1  
sanchitd5's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 25
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Ambala
Unhappy [q] need help in removing the default lockscreen

NEED HELP IN REMOVING THE DEFAULT LOCKSCREEN

I was thinking If we could Remove the default scroll LockScreen and prot the Xperia one

 
1995ad
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 10
Join Date: Apr 2013
Thumbs up Yes, you can remove the default lockscreen

The default loackscreen you talk about is none other than the keyguard of the navi launcher. Yes, I do agree that it is quite a bit irritating to always swipe up every time you unlock your screen.
To remove this, the fix is simple:
1. You need to first root your device.
2. Open build.prop from /system [Use Root explorer app from the play store]
3. Search for navi keyguard support in the following lines, and change that particular value from 1 to 0.
You will now have Android's default lockscreen on your e7. Cheers.

Oh, and if you want to take it a step further and delete the keyguard, you can do so, with Titanium Backup.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1995ad For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
berz
Old
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 90
Posts: 366
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bangalore
Hi that was awesome finally got rid of that ****ty lock screen.
Is there something similar to tweak and get rid of that awful answer call swipe down also ?
The Following User Says Thank You to berz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
rana103
Old
#4  
rana103's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Dhaka
Quote:
Originally Posted by berz View Post
Hi that was awesome finally got rid of that ****ty lock screen.
Is there something similar to tweak and get rid of that awful answer call swipe down also ?
I was able to remove the lockscreen but the problem is I didn't dint find any entry of navi lock with value 0 or 1. all values are with "yes".
Can u please share the exact line that helped you??
 
DeceptiPrime
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 181
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Delhi

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rana103 View Post
I was able to remove the lockscreen but the problem is I didn't dint find any entry of navi lock with value 0 or 1. all values are with "yes".
Can u please share the exact line that helped you??
I guess You can put yes to no
 
sheraz1015
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 22
Posts: 190
Join Date: Jun 2012
Default Pretty easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeceptiPrime View Post
I guess You can put yes to no
just simple use titanium backup and search for Navi keyguard and just freeze it, you are done
 
mikky986
Old
#7  
mikky986's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 22
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Pune
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheraz1015 View Post
just simple use titanium backup and search for Navi keyguard and just freeze it, you are done
I have made changes in build.prop file to remove default lock screen, but now the phone is not booting up !!
Plzz help !!
 
madyville
Old
(Last edited by madyville; 27th June 2014 at 12:39 PM.) Reason: Mentioning the Model
#8  
Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 72
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Delhi
Question No Change after modifying BuildProp

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1995ad View Post
The default loackscreen you talk about is none other than the keyguard of the navi launcher. Yes, I do agree that it is quite a bit irritating to always swipe up every time you unlock your screen.
To remove this, the fix is simple:
1. You need to first root your device.
2. Open build.prop from /system [Use Root explorer app from the play store]
3. Search for navi keyguard support in the following lines, and change that particular value from 1 to 0.
You will now have Android's default lockscreen on your e7. Cheers.

Oh, and if you want to take it a step further and delete the keyguard, you can do so, with Titanium Backup.
Hi There.I have an S5.5 .i have been struggling to remove the default lockscreen and set it to "None" , i followed your steps .accessed buildprop and got these 2 lines .

#ro.gn.navi.keygaurd.app.support=no
ro.gn.navi.keyg.app.support=no

Changed both of them to "Yes" saved buildprop and rebooted phone but no change . Please help if I am doing something wrong .

Also , will this be ok if I uninstall Navi Keygaurd APP from Titanium Backup as I dont have the donate version to freeze it .Will this cause any issue''s with my phone .?

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Remove Unnecessary WhatsApp Elements with Xposed

In modern life, you can’t underestimate the power ofthe dark sidemessaging … more

MaR-V-iN to Talk Google and Android APIs at XDA:DevCon 2014

Our international xda:devcon 14in Manchester, UK on the weekend of September … more

But First, Let Me Take a #Selfie

“Today while browsing XDA,I’m going tocheck to seeif my favorite ROM has been updated–but … more