Lenovo Officially Owns Motorola, Following ~$3 Billion Deal

Google is now officially no longer the owner American phone manufacturer … more

Microsoft Band Fitness Tracker Announced, Available

The wearable market has been around for a few years, with Pebble and Samsung smartwatches … more

Forums Added for the Oppo R5, Oppo N3, and Xiaomi Redmi Note

Just yesterday, Oppo unveiled a pair of rather unique smartphones, the Oppo … more

How to Play Music From Android Wear – XDA TV

Yesterday, we showed you how to do some advanced things with your Moto 360 quite easily … more
Post Reply

[Q] Verizon N900V Note 3 - What recovery will work with 4.4.2?

OP dubseven

22nd June 2014, 05:46 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
Phone is rooted via Towelroot. I have tried literally every recovery I can find. CWM, Philztouch, TWRP, etc. Most of them fail when I try to flash them with Odin, Safestrap simply doesn't install. What am I missing?
Last edited by dubseven; 22nd June 2014 at 05:52 PM.
22nd June 2014, 05:54 PM   |  #2  
phillymade's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Da' Hood
Thanks Meter: 295
 
1,015 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
Safe Strap is the Only recovery for this device. It appears that the NC4 Kernel is keeping you from flashing in recovery. Look on the lats two pages of the SS thread (look for post 1240) and it will give you the proper information.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Last edited by phillymade; 22nd June 2014 at 06:01 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to phillymade For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd June 2014, 08:43 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillymade

Safe Strap is the Only recovery for this device. It appears that the NC4 Kernel is keeping you from flashing in recovery. Look on the lats two pages of the SS thread (look for post 1240) and it will give you the proper information.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

OK, I finally got SafeStrap to work - not sure what I was doing differently this time but it worked. Got into SS bootloader, but now any ROM I try to flash, the phone goes to a black screen and locks out (have to yank battery) after the flash completes and I reboot. It goes to a black screen (off) 10 sec after the Safe Strap enabled screen. The last ROM I tried was the latest Hyperdrive which is supposed to be 900V 4.4.2 compatible?

Thanks again!
24th June 2014, 02:21 PM   |  #4  
phillymade's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Da' Hood
Thanks Meter: 295
 
1,015 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubseven

OK, I finally got SafeStrap to work - not sure what I was doing differently this time but it worked. Got into SS bootloader, but now any ROM I try to flash, the phone goes to a black screen and locks out (have to yank battery) after the flash completes and I reboot. It goes to a black screen (off) 10 sec after the Safe Strap enabled screen. The last ROM I tried was the latest Hyperdrive which is supposed to be 900V 4.4.2 compatible?

Thanks again!

You are correct, it is 4.4.2 compatible. But its NC2 compatible. My apologies, I see you rooted with safe strap so this means you are on the official OTA NC4 witch contains the new kernel. This is why you can not flash anything. Go to this thread, and start at post #1244 this wil help get you in the right direction. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...17610&page=125
Hope this helps, and good luck
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to phillymade For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th June 2014, 05:41 AM   |  #5  
Eddie Del's Avatar
Senior Member
NYC
Thanks Meter: 30
 
166 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
More
Safestrap can only flash to stock ROM at the moment until SafeStrap 3.75 comes out

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Free mobile app
25th June 2014, 06:39 PM   |  #6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
98 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
Thanks and a Q
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillymade

You are correct, it is 4.4.2 compatible. But its NC2 compatible. My apologies, I see you rooted with safe strap so this means you are on the official OTA NC4 witch contains the new kernel. This is why you can not flash anything. Go to this thread, and start at post #1244 this wil help get you in the right direction. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...17610&page=125
Hope this helps, and good luck

I appreciate your help here. I wanted to check whether this will work on the Verizon Note 3 (SM900VVRUCNC4) Is this "NC4?"

I'd like to get to a point where I don't have to keep deferring the next google push-up. I'm a noobie. I flashed custom roms on my S3 but I can't remember how. I might have gotten TWRP working on it....for my Note 3 I just want to be able to try different roms and stay clear of google/verizon and whoever else is trying to control MY phone. I'm not cavalier about the tech. It's just that I'm learning GIS and Linux and earning a living. So I can use all the generosity I can find here.

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Del

Safestrap can only flash to stock ROM at the moment until SafeStrap 3.75 comes out

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Free mobile app

What is Jasmine rom 1.6?
27th June 2014, 12:31 PM   |  #7  
phillymade's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Da' Hood
Thanks Meter: 295
 
1,015 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alt230

I appreciate your help here. I wanted to check whether this will work on the Verizon Note 3 (SM900VVRUCNC4) Is this "NC4?"

I'd like to get to a point where I don't have to keep deferring the next google push-up. I'm a noobie. I flashed custom roms on my S3 but I can't remember how. I might have gotten TWRP working on it....for my Note 3 I just want to be able to try different roms and stay clear of google/verizon and whoever else is trying to control MY phone. I'm not cavalier about the tech. It's just that I'm learning GIS and Linux and earning a living. So I can use all the generosity I can find here.

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------


What is Jasmine rom 1.6?

It is the NC4 based Custom ROM

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Verizon Galaxy Note 3 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank