Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,397 Members 48,674 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Verizon N900V Note 3 - What recovery will work with 4.4.2?

Tip us?

dubseven
Old
(Last edited by dubseven; 22nd June 2014 at 05:52 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Verizon N900V Note 3 - What recovery will work with 4.4.2?

Phone is rooted via Towelroot. I have tried literally every recovery I can find. CWM, Philztouch, TWRP, etc. Most of them fail when I try to flash them with Odin, Safestrap simply doesn't install. What am I missing?

phillymade
Old
(Last edited by phillymade; 22nd June 2014 at 06:01 PM.)
Thanks Meter 273
Safe Strap is the Only recovery for this device. It appears that the NC4 Kernel is keeping you from flashing in recovery. Look on the lats two pages of the SS thread (look for post 1240) and it will give you the proper information.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Dropbox. 2GB account is free! http://db.tt/Qz7II5bC
If I helped you in any way, hit the thanks button

In Love with my Rooted Galaxy Note 3!
The Following User Says Thank You to phillymade For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dubseven
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillymade View Post
Safe Strap is the Only recovery for this device. It appears that the NC4 Kernel is keeping you from flashing in recovery. Look on the lats two pages of the SS thread (look for post 1240) and it will give you the proper information.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
OK, I finally got SafeStrap to work - not sure what I was doing differently this time but it worked. Got into SS bootloader, but now any ROM I try to flash, the phone goes to a black screen and locks out (have to yank battery) after the flash completes and I reboot. It goes to a black screen (off) 10 sec after the Safe Strap enabled screen. The last ROM I tried was the latest Hyperdrive which is supposed to be 900V 4.4.2 compatible?

Thanks again!

phillymade
Old
Thanks Meter 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubseven View Post
OK, I finally got SafeStrap to work - not sure what I was doing differently this time but it worked. Got into SS bootloader, but now any ROM I try to flash, the phone goes to a black screen and locks out (have to yank battery) after the flash completes and I reboot. It goes to a black screen (off) 10 sec after the Safe Strap enabled screen. The last ROM I tried was the latest Hyperdrive which is supposed to be 900V 4.4.2 compatible?

Thanks again!
You are correct, it is 4.4.2 compatible. But its NC2 compatible. My apologies, I see you rooted with safe strap so this means you are on the official OTA NC4 witch contains the new kernel. This is why you can not flash anything. Go to this thread, and start at post #1244 this wil help get you in the right direction. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...17610&page=125
Hope this helps, and good luck

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to phillymade For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Eddie Del
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Safestrap can only flash to stock ROM at the moment until SafeStrap 3.75 comes out

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Free mobile app
Verizon Note 3
NC4 ROM (Stock)
JasmineROM v2.0

alt230
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Default Thanks and a Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillymade View Post
You are correct, it is 4.4.2 compatible. But its NC2 compatible. My apologies, I see you rooted with safe strap so this means you are on the official OTA NC4 witch contains the new kernel. This is why you can not flash anything. Go to this thread, and start at post #1244 this wil help get you in the right direction. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...17610&page=125
Hope this helps, and good luck
I appreciate your help here. I wanted to check whether this will work on the Verizon Note 3 (SM900VVRUCNC4) Is this "NC4?"

I'd like to get to a point where I don't have to keep deferring the next google push-up. I'm a noobie. I flashed custom roms on my S3 but I can't remember how. I might have gotten TWRP working on it....for my Note 3 I just want to be able to try different roms and stay clear of google/verizon and whoever else is trying to control MY phone. I'm not cavalier about the tech. It's just that I'm learning GIS and Linux and earning a living. So I can use all the generosity I can find here.

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Del View Post
Safestrap can only flash to stock ROM at the moment until SafeStrap 3.75 comes out

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Free mobile app
What is Jasmine rom 1.6?

phillymade
Old
Thanks Meter 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by alt230 View Post
I appreciate your help here. I wanted to check whether this will work on the Verizon Note 3 (SM900VVRUCNC4) Is this "NC4?"

I'd like to get to a point where I don't have to keep deferring the next google push-up. I'm a noobie. I flashed custom roms on my S3 but I can't remember how. I might have gotten TWRP working on it....for my Note 3 I just want to be able to try different roms and stay clear of google/verizon and whoever else is trying to control MY phone. I'm not cavalier about the tech. It's just that I'm learning GIS and Linux and earning a living. So I can use all the generosity I can find here.

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

What is Jasmine rom 1.6?
It is the NC4 based Custom ROM