Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,012 Members 53,726 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Problems with JB(i9070p)

Tip us?

Leenas
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Problems with JB(i9070p)

Hi guys.

I am very very new to android development/rooting/custom roms etc so sorry in advance for such a question which might look silly for you, however I am a big noob in this.
So, basically I own I9070P and was very happy with it while it was on original firmware(Gingerbread), however my silly head decided to upgrade it to JB (did it through Kies).
Now...my phone sucks. It hangs, turns off automatically when more than 2 apps are run, battery on wi-fi connection is dying instantly, camera is laggy, in general I turned my phone into a piece of **.

So I was wondering is there anything I could do to fix it?
I would like to stay on JB or upgrade onto something newer, so please do not suggest rolling back to gingerbread.

Thank you very much in advance!

shut_down
Old
Thanks Meter 3189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leenas View Post
Hi guys.

I am very very new to android development/rooting/custom roms etc so sorry in advance for such a question which might look silly for you, however I am a big noob in this.
So, basically I own I9070P and was very happy with it while it was on original firmware(Gingerbread), however my silly head decided to upgrade it to JB (did it through Kies).
Now...my phone sucks. It hangs, turns off automatically when more than 2 apps are run, battery on wi-fi connection is dying instantly, camera is laggy, in general I turned my phone into a piece of **.

So I was wondering is there anything I could do to fix it?
I would like to stay on JB or upgrade onto something newer, so please do not suggest rolling back to gingerbread.

Thank you very much in advance!
Root, install CoCore kernel, debloat, use PegasusQ governor and SIO for IO Scheduler. You have most of that on Development section, just search.

BTW there is no similar battery life on JB like it was on GB...
The Following User Says Thank You to shut_down For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]