Post Reply

[Q] Connect DSLR camera to Tab3 8.0

26th June 2014, 02:44 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
I have a Tab 3 (8.0) with android 4.2.2. Can I connect via OTG cable my Nikon D200 camera to the tablet so I can view a picture shortly after exposure. I tried just making the connection and the tablet does not "see" the camera's CF card as an additional storage or hard drive. By the way, this procedure does work on my computer using Windows Explorer. I read somewhere that android 4.3 update will allow this should it ever become available. Any ideas on how I might be able to accomplish this? Thank you all.
26th June 2014, 08:28 PM   |  #2  
DigitalMD's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Washington DC
Thanks Meter: 613
 
2,821 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by des2105

I have a Tab 3 (8.0) with android 4.2.2. Can I connect via OTG cable my Nikon D200 camera to the tablet so I can view a picture shortly after exposure. I tried just making the connection and the tablet does not "see" the camera's CF card as an additional storage or hard drive. By the way, this procedure does work on my computer using Windows Explorer. I read somewhere that android 4.3 update will allow this should it ever become available. Any ideas on how I might be able to accomplish this? Thank you all.

IF you can set your camera to a mode that it looks like a storage device for your computer, then it should work fine as a storage device ONLY with the tablet and OTG. IF it needs a special driver to work on the PC, then then Android will not recognize it.
27th June 2014, 10:51 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Connect DSLR camera to Tab3 8.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalMD

IF you can set your camera to a mode that it looks like a storage device for your computer, then it should work fine as a storage device ONLY with the tablet and OTG. IF it needs a special driver to work on the PC, then then Android will not recognize it.

Thank you, DigitalMD,

I will have to check into that. I know when I first connected the camera to the PC it did load a driver of some description but I don't know what. Until Samsung decides to grace us all with 4.3.2, perhaps I would be better off using my 7" net book instead of the tablet. Too bad but thank you again for your rapid and helpful response.
27th June 2014, 12:59 PM   |  #4  
DigitalMD's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Washington DC
Thanks Meter: 613
 
2,821 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by des2105

Thank you, DigitalMD,

I will have to check into that. I know when I first connected the camera to the PC it did load a driver of some description but I don't know what. Until Samsung decides to grace us all with 4.3.2, perhaps I would be better off using my 7" net book instead of the tablet. Too bad but thank you again for your rapid and helpful response.

Are you trying to achieve control or just file transfer? If you are trying to control the camera during shooting or view when in shooting mode you will need an app for Nikon control. When you connect a new device to a windows PC, it will search an online database of drivers and download a new driver if needed. Android does not work like that, for OTG there is a very limited set of devices it can recognize mainly , storage, mouse, keyboard

You might try DSLR.Dashboard or similar apps.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...dslr.dashboard

https://code.google.com/p/dslrdashboard/
Last edited by DigitalMD; 27th June 2014 at 01:04 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Galaxy Tab 3 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank