Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,198 Members 41,679 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Rooting Issue

Tip us?

MadFlava
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 72
Default Rooting Issue

Ive got a weird issue that I cant seem to get around and I wanted to see if anyone else has had this problem.

I got a replacement phone from Verizon last week. It came preinstalled with JB and since we have Towelroot now, I let it take the OTA update.

I rooted with Towelroot and when I went to install SuperSU, it tells me Knox is active and asks me to disable and I say yes. At that point, the phone just sits there and grinds on disabling Knox. Ive let it sit an hour and it still just sits there grinding on Knox. Its never finished disabling Knox the first time and Ive flashed the phone back to factory and re-rooted 4 times now, Everytime its the same.

If I reboot after that and re-run SuperSU, it gives me the Knox warning again and when I say Okay, it immediately says Knox is disabled.

Check root and it shows Im rooted and behaves as such.

Then the problems start. I start getting stuff FCing all over the place. Ive tried to do a Fix Permissions from within BusyBox and that didnt seem to help at all. I unrooted and the problems went away. I rooted again and they came back and then I got stuck on the SuperSU Binary Needs To Be Updated loop where every time I update, it fails and closes SuperSU.

Has anyone had this issue and if so, did you figure out a way around it?

maliciousintent
Old
(Last edited by maliciousintent; 27th June 2014 at 05:33 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
I had Same errors installing Chainfire's SuperSu Pro

But all is working good now.
it Gives root to what ever I grant access to, so no complaints here.

I Have seen other posts with same issue so I am sure CF is aware and working on the issue.

Also, I have not had any FC's since rooting and installing SuperSu

MadFlava
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 72
Thanks for the reply.. I think the FCs are due to Knox not being disabled properly but Im not sure.

Did Knox disable okay for you?