FXP Team Delivers Lollipop to Various Xperia Devices!

From all of us here at XDA-Developers, we’d like to wish you Happy Holidays! If … more

Turn Your Camera Into a Live Puzzle Game

The classic sliding puzzle game hasnt changed much, if at all, over the years. Dating all the way … more

Samsung Begins Production of 8 Gb RAM Chips

With the release of Android 5.0, our favorite mobile operating system has become 64-bit ready. … more

CM, Micromax and OnePlus – Sales Ban Lifted

It’s less than a week since our recent in-depth analysis of the legal battle over the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Question about M7 nandroid backups on M8

OP zach832

27th June 2014, 01:23 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

34 posts
More
Before I got the M8 I made a nandroid backup because my M7 had just died. All of my pictures are in the backup. Is it safe to backup then restore the data partition from my M7? Or are my pictures just lost?
27th June 2014, 01:33 AM   |  #2  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 33

85 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach832

Before I got the M8 I made a nandroid backup because my M7 had just died. All of my pictures are in the backup. Is it safe to backup then restore the data partition from my M7? Or are my pictures just lost?

Those pictures were stored on the internal storage of the M7, and an nandroid doesn't back up the internal storage. I'm sorry, but they are lost unless you've saved them elsewhere.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sir-Fix-a-Lot For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th June 2014, 04:13 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

34 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir-Fix-a-Lot

Those pictures were stored on the internal storage of the M7, and an nandroid doesn't back up the internal storage. I'm sorry, but they are lost unless you've saved them elsewhere.

I was under the impression that it backed up literally everything. Well, thank you for answering
27th June 2014, 04:14 AM   |  #4  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 33

85 posts
Quote:

I was under the impression that it backed up literally everything. Well, thank you for answering

Just system, data, and boot, the internal sd isn't included in any of those, data is just the apps and it's data. Sorry.
27th June 2014, 04:19 AM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag york, pa
Thanks Meter: 1,426

3,243 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

You didnt have google backup your photos using the photos app included with google plus?
27th June 2014, 09:49 AM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Liverpool, Merseyside
Thanks Meter: 3,241

13,616 posts
More
For the record, no it's NOT safe to restore an M7 Nandroid on the M8 so don't try it
27th June 2014, 02:32 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 48

302 posts
How did you manage to make a nandroid backup if your phone died?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
nandroid
Previous Thread Next Thread