FORUMS

HTC’s New Ad Campaign And What It Really Means

HTC has just released three new blind test adverts comparing app loading … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (June 27 – July 4)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

HTC One M9 Developer Edition Android 5.1 OTA

The Developer Edition of the HTC One M9 is receiving an over-the-air update to Android 5.1. … more

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

[Q] Question about M7 nandroid backups on M8

37 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By zach832, Member on 27th June 2014, 12:23 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Before I got the M8 I made a nandroid backup because my M7 had just died. All of my pictures are in the backup. Is it safe to backup then restore the data partition from my M7? Or are my pictures just lost?

27th June 2014, 12:33 AM |#2  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach832

Before I got the M8 I made a nandroid backup because my M7 had just died. All of my pictures are in the backup. Is it safe to backup then restore the data partition from my M7? Or are my pictures just lost?

Those pictures were stored on the internal storage of the M7, and an nandroid doesn't back up the internal storage. I'm sorry, but they are lost unless you've saved them elsewhere.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sir-Fix-a-Lot For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th June 2014, 03:13 AM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir-Fix-a-Lot

Those pictures were stored on the internal storage of the M7, and an nandroid doesn't back up the internal storage. I'm sorry, but they are lost unless you've saved them elsewhere.

I was under the impression that it backed up literally everything. Well, thank you for answering
27th June 2014, 03:14 AM |#4  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Quote:

I was under the impression that it backed up literally everything. Well, thank you for answering

Just system, data, and boot, the internal sd isn't included in any of those, data is just the apps and it's data. Sorry.
27th June 2014, 03:19 AM |#5  
Forum Moderator
Flag york, pa
Thanks Meter: 2,485

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

You didnt have google backup your photos using the photos app included with google plus?
27th June 2014, 08:49 AM |#6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Liverpool, Merseyside
Thanks Meter: 3,688

More
For the record, no it's NOT safe to restore an M7 Nandroid on the M8 so don't try it
27th June 2014, 01:32 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 622

More
How did you manage to make a nandroid backup if your phone died?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
nandroid
Previous Thread Next Thread