Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,642 Members 44,256 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Question about M7 nandroid backups on M8

Tip us?

zach832
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Question about M7 nandroid backups on M8

Before I got the M8 I made a nandroid backup because my M7 had just died. All of my pictures are in the backup. Is it safe to backup then restore the data partition from my M7? Or are my pictures just lost?

Sir-Fix-a-Lot
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach832 View Post
Before I got the M8 I made a nandroid backup because my M7 had just died. All of my pictures are in the backup. Is it safe to backup then restore the data partition from my M7? Or are my pictures just lost?
Those pictures were stored on the internal storage of the M7, and an nandroid doesn't back up the internal storage. I'm sorry, but they are lost unless you've saved them elsewhere.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sir-Fix-a-Lot For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zach832
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir-Fix-a-Lot View Post
Those pictures were stored on the internal storage of the M7, and an nandroid doesn't back up the internal storage. I'm sorry, but they are lost unless you've saved them elsewhere.
I was under the impression that it backed up literally everything. Well, thank you for answering

Sir-Fix-a-Lot
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
I was under the impression that it backed up literally everything. Well, thank you for answering
Just system, data, and boot, the internal sd isn't included in any of those, data is just the apps and it's data. Sorry.

dottat
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,009

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
You didnt have google backup your photos using the photos app included with google plus?

EddyOS
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,050
For the record, no it's NOT safe to restore an M7 Nandroid on the M8 so don't try it
OnePlus One A0001 (Sandstone Grey) 64GB
ROM: CyanogenMod 11S (XNPH33R) | Bootloader: Stock | Recovery: TWRP 2.8.0.1 | Radio: Stock | Kernel: Franco Kernel r19

Google Nexus 5 D821 (Black) 32GB
ROM: Android 4.4.4 (KTU84P) | Bootloader: HHZ11K | Recovery: Stock | Radio: 2.0.50.1.16 | Kernel: Stock

If you have a question, great - but DO NOT PM ME WITH IT!!! | [GUIDE] Return your EU M8 to 100% Stock (S-OFF Required) | [GUIDE] Return your OPO to 100% Stock

ashyx
Old
Thanks Meter 39
How did you manage to make a nandroid backup if your phone died?

Tags
nandroid