Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,749 Members 50,535 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Boot Animations] Nexus 5 Style HTC Boot Up/Down Animation

Tip us?
 
Tower1972
Old
#11  
Tower1972's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 155
Posts: 785
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Somewhere in Wisconsin
why dont you just try what I posted since noone else is replying

Make nandroid
copy these to your SD card and rename accordingly
Drag and drop them to system/customize/resource
fix permissions
reboot

see if that works (thats how I used to do it on my M7)
AT&T HTC One M8 ex-Harmon Kardon edition!
ARHD 9.1 Android 4.4.3!
Rooted, bootloader unlocked, SuperCID
TWRP 2.7.1.0
I also like walks on the beach..candlelit dinners, and watching good movies!

Every once in awhile I manage to spew forth a nugget of truth, so hitting the thanks tab is much appreciated!
The Following User Says Thank You to Tower1972 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
noname55804
Old
#12  
noname55804's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 119
Posts: 326
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Hamburg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tower1972 View Post
why dont you just try what I posted since noone else is replying

Make nandroid
copy these to your SD card and rename accordingly
Drag and drop them to system/customize/resource
fix permissions
reboot

see if that works (thats how I used to do it on my M7)
Thanks for answering I think I didn't read your post completly and I saw yesterday that boot animations are in the path that you mentioned and not in system/media as I'm used to it

So I will try it

Gesendet von meinem HTC One M8
 
Gr8man001
Old
#13  
Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 58
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Washington, DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by noname55804 View Post
Thanks for answering I think I didn't read your post completly and I saw yesterday that boot animations are in the path that you mentioned and not in system/media as I'm used to it

So I will try it

Gesendet von meinem HTC One M8
On My M8 GPe, it's still /system/media
Change the downloaded file name to bootanimation.zip
Set permissions RW-R-R
Make sure you save the original bootanimation (I usually add .bak to the original files)
It worked fine on my M8 GPe edition. Sense Version may still be at: /system/customize/resource
Thanks
 
dressanderc
Old
#14  
dressanderc's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 37
Posts: 607
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Jackson, TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8man001 View Post
On My M8 GPe, it's still /system/media
Change the downloaded file name to bootanimation.zip
Set permissions RW-R-R
Make sure you save the original bootanimation (I usually add .bak to the original files)
It worked fine on my M8 GPe edition. Sense Version may still be at: /system/customize/resource
Thanks
This didn't seem to work for me. Side question: What's the difference between the bootanimation.zip vs the hTC_bootup_one.zip?
 
Gr8man001
Old
#15  
Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 58
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Washington, DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by dressanderc View Post
This didn't seem to work for me. Side question: What's the difference between the bootanimation.zip vs the hTC_bootup_one.zip?
Its the same thing with different name. boot animations name is used for GPe ROMs and other for sense-based roms.

Set the permission to RW-R-R as mentioned in the previous post, you should be good to go. Alternately, you can find some other bootanimations under M8 themes section.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gr8man001 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
dressanderc
Old
#16  
dressanderc's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 37
Posts: 607
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Jackson, TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8man001 View Post
Its the same thing with different name. boot animations name is used for GPe ROMs and other for sense-based roms.

Set the permission to RW-R-R as mentioned in the previous post, you should be good to go. Alternately, you can find some other bootanimations under M8 themes section.
Nice, I'll give that a shot. Thanks!
 
capeman316
Old
#17  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 15
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Ponce

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by seyidaga View Post
I thought the regular HTC boot up/down was boring so I took the one on Nexus 5 and edited it a little bit I've included some previews too! Hope you guys like it

Lags on the black one are fixed :3 Something I can't say about the white one Hope you guys like it

The ones on the left are boot up animations the ones on the left are shut down animations




Download Links:
Black Boot
Black Shut Down
White Boot Up
White Shut Down
Can you post mirrors please, dropbox says it reached its limit.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes