Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,393 Members 53,443 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Best custom kernel for stock ROM?

Tip us?

Scopewiz
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Best custom kernel for stock ROM?

I'm fairly new to the s4 and haven't really explored all the possibilities with this phone yet as I've come from the s4 mini.

I was just curious to what fellow stock ROMs used regarding a custom kernel and what gave the best results I.e stability, oc etc etc

Thanks in advance
Scopewiz

Sulaimanshariff
Old
Thanks Meter 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scopewiz View Post
I'm fairly new to the s4 and haven't really explored all the possibilities with this phone yet as I've come from the s4 mini.

I was just curious to what fellow stock ROMs used regarding a custom kernel and what gave the best results I.e stability, oc etc etc

Thanks in advance
Scopewiz
I understand uve done this as you're new and on xda there's nothing as best in fact everything's best unless u don't give it a shot try and experiment yourself stay with the one u feel better! [emoji6]

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Scopewiz
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulaimanshariff View Post
I understand uve done this as you're new and on xda there's nothing as best in fact everything's best unless u don't give it a shot try and experiment yourself stay with the one u feel better! [emoji6]

Thanks for the response and I understand what your saying as its all down to personal preference etc but was mainly just wanting to see what people where using and how they found it.

Sulaimanshariff
Old
Thanks Meter 327
Quote:
Thanks for the response and I understand what your saying as its all down to personal preference etc but was mainly just wanting to see what people where using and how they found it.
Well if you were looking for wt people are using and their opinions then u better edit the 'BEST'!!! [emoji6]

Scopewiz
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulaimanshariff View Post
Well if you were looking for wt people are using and their opinions then u better edit the 'BEST'!!! [emoji6]

What gave the best results etc, that's not saying what the best ROM is its simply asking what they found in there opinion to give the best gains I.e overclocking, governors etc.

Sulaimanshariff
Old
Thanks Meter 327
Quote:
What gave the best results etc, that's not saying what the best ROM is its simply asking what they found in there opinion to give the best gains I.e overclocking, governors etc.
Yeah thats not restricted sharing your experience you can make it in general and yeah with kt kernel i loved something unusual wake screen gestures double tap to wake just like oneplus one and now im on googy max i feel for me it had slightly increased battery backup [emoji6]

Jonny
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 8,005

DONATE TO ME
Thread closed as there is no "Best" kernel, only what works best for you. The kernel you think is the best may not be the same as what others think is the best due to differences in how you use the device and what for etc. Therefore I would suggest trying out some different kernels yourself to see which one is the best for you.

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe