Make Calling Your Loved Ones Easier and Cheaper this Diwali

Diwali, or Deepawali as some Indians call it, is the pride and joy of Indian … more

Big Android BBQ 5.0 Recap – XDA TV

This fifth annual Big Android BBQ has come and gone. The speakers have spoke, the sponsors have … more

Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more

Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more
Thread Closed

[Q] Best custom kernel for stock ROM?

OP Scopewiz

27th June 2014, 02:23 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Merseyside
Thanks Meter: 0

40 posts
More
I'm fairly new to the s4 and haven't really explored all the possibilities with this phone yet as I've come from the s4 mini.

I was just curious to what fellow stock ROMs used regarding a custom kernel and what gave the best results I.e stability, oc etc etc

Thanks in advance
Scopewiz
27th June 2014, 06:08 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 327

1,030 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scopewiz

I'm fairly new to the s4 and haven't really explored all the possibilities with this phone yet as I've come from the s4 mini.

I was just curious to what fellow stock ROMs used regarding a custom kernel and what gave the best results I.e stability, oc etc etc

Thanks in advance
Scopewiz

I understand uve done this as you're new and on xda there's nothing as best in fact everything's best unless u don't give it a shot try and experiment yourself stay with the one u feel better! [emoji6]

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
27th June 2014, 11:04 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Merseyside

40 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulaimanshariff

I understand uve done this as you're new and on xda there's nothing as best in fact everything's best unless u don't give it a shot try and experiment yourself stay with the one u feel better! [emoji6]

Thanks for the response and I understand what your saying as its all down to personal preference etc but was mainly just wanting to see what people where using and how they found it.
27th June 2014, 11:06 AM   |  #4  

1,030 posts
Quote:

Thanks for the response and I understand what your saying as its all down to personal preference etc but was mainly just wanting to see what people where using and how they found it.

Well if you were looking for wt people are using and their opinions then u better edit the 'BEST'!!! [emoji6]

27th June 2014, 11:08 AM   |  #5  
OP Member
Flag Merseyside

40 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulaimanshariff

Well if you were looking for wt people are using and their opinions then u better edit the 'BEST'!!! [emoji6]

What gave the best results etc, that's not saying what the best ROM is its simply asking what they found in there opinion to give the best gains I.e overclocking, governors etc.
27th June 2014, 11:11 AM   |  #6  

1,030 posts
Quote:

What gave the best results etc, that's not saying what the best ROM is its simply asking what they found in there opinion to give the best gains I.e overclocking, governors etc.

Yeah thats not restricted sharing your experience you can make it in general and yeah with kt kernel i loved something unusual wake screen gestures double tap to wake just like oneplus one and now im on googy max i feel for me it had slightly increased battery backup [emoji6]

27th June 2014, 01:46 PM   |  #7  
Forum Moderator
Flag Cheshire
Thanks Meter: 8,063

8,014 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thread closed as there is no "Best" kernel, only what works best for you. The kernel you think is the best may not be the same as what others think is the best due to differences in how you use the device and what for etc. Therefore I would suggest trying out some different kernels yourself to see which one is the best for you.

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Galaxy S 4 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank