Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,614 Members 41,585 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Backup and restore data\apps for irresponsive OS

Tip us?

mustasusi
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Default [Q] Backup and restore data\apps for irresponsive OS

Hey everyone,
I have a very annoying issue. It seems like I messed up with lockscreen settings and now the phone is crashing at the very beginning of OS boot, a FC message constantly pops up every 3 secs or so and the status bar is missing. A process called "com.android.systemui" keeps closing and won't let me do anything with the phone.

The home page of Nova launcher is shown but the devices behaves as if it is on lockscreen, but I can't unlock it open. Nothing on homescreen can be pressed\launched as the phone is "locked" and only volume up\down, short\long press home\back (lockscreen actions if predefined) and reset would work. I can't just wipe\factory reset yet as I have some important stuff should be backed up before.
Obviously if I Nandroid then restore - this will restore back this conflict as well. I have a very early working backup stage of the same ROM but it does not include all my customization and all apps installed later on.
I need a way to backup all apps+data and settings, SMS, etc. without the need to "touch" the OS - Titanium backup would absolutely have no use here for me nor others like.
Perhaps I can modify the Nandroid backup file and tell it which apps to (de)install?

Any advice before I reset this device?
♠♥☻Current Device:♠♥☻
HTC One Max
Variant: T6UL (international GSM)
ROM: ViperMax 2.0.0 by Team Venom
Kernel: Fly kernel
Android version: 4.4.2
Device History:

mustasusi
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28