Seeking best advice

OP Lexus One

27th June 2014, 01:08 PM   |  #11  
Flag Colton, NY
Thanks Meter: 1,015

3,339 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexus One

Thanks airmaxx, but I thought I read that I could use odin to go back if I wanted to after rooting the OTA NC4 with towelroot. Besides, if there are problems (as I've read) with 4.4.2 NC4, then it would make more sense not to upgrade at all. Or is NC4 really that much better even with the poorer reception and battery issues? Now I'm wondering what makes the NC4 upgrade worth the time and effort. Thanks again for your thoughts.

You can downgrade from 4.4.2 (NC4) if you root MJE and install a pre-rooted version (ROM). The OTA and NC4 tar file have a different bootloader which prevents downgrading. I've had no problems with battery or signal on NC4, keep in mind that people usually post when they have problems but rarely pay when things are working fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to airmaxx23 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th June 2014, 03:23 PM   |  #12  
OP Senior Member
Flag OHIO
Thanks Meter: 10

374 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by airmaxx23

You can downgrade from 4.4.2 (NC4) if you root MJE and install a pre-rooted version (ROM). The OTA and NC4 tar file have a different bootloader which prevents downgrading. I've had no problems with battery or signal on NC4, keep in mind that people usually post when they have problems but rarely pay when things are working fine.

Now that is good to know. Thanks. So I can assume that the bootloader from retail 4.3 MJE is what I want to keep...even if I move to a 4.4.2 NC2 or NC4 rom?
27th June 2014, 03:41 PM   |  #13  
Flag Colton, NY
Thanks Meter: 1,015

3,339 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexus One

Now that is good to know. Thanks. So I can assume that the bootloader from retail 4.3 MJE is what I want to keep...even if I move to a 4.4.2 NC2 or NC4 rom?

The NC2 bootloader is really the one to be on. The basic steps can be found in the install instructions in this ROM thread, you can use any ROM, it doesn't have to be Jasmine. Just use steps 1-12. More detailed instructions can be found in this thread but use the Odin files from the first thread.
The Following User Says Thank You to airmaxx23 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread