Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,353 Members 47,284 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Seeking best advice

Tip us?

airmaxx23
Old
Thanks Meter 952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexus One View Post
Thanks airmaxx, but I thought I read that I could use odin to go back if I wanted to after rooting the OTA NC4 with towelroot. Besides, if there are problems (as I've read) with 4.4.2 NC4, then it would make more sense not to upgrade at all. Or is NC4 really that much better even with the poorer reception and battery issues? Now I'm wondering what makes the NC4 upgrade worth the time and effort. Thanks again for your thoughts.
You can downgrade from 4.4.2 (NC4) if you root MJE and install a pre-rooted version (ROM). The OTA and NC4 tar file have a different bootloader which prevents downgrading. I've had no problems with battery or signal on NC4, keep in mind that people usually post when they have problems but rarely pay when things are working fine.
*** Please don't forget to hit the "Thanks" button if someone has helped you ***

"I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in-between is mine"
The Following User Says Thank You to airmaxx23 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Lexus One
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by airmaxx23 View Post
You can downgrade from 4.4.2 (NC4) if you root MJE and install a pre-rooted version (ROM). The OTA and NC4 tar file have a different bootloader which prevents downgrading. I've had no problems with battery or signal on NC4, keep in mind that people usually post when they have problems but rarely pay when things are working fine.
Now that is good to know. Thanks. So I can assume that the bootloader from retail 4.3 MJE is what I want to keep...even if I move to a 4.4.2 NC2 or NC4 rom?
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Bean's Stock 4.4.2 NC4

Galaxy Note 10.1 2014
Hyperdrive KK RLS1

Nexus 10
Purity KK 4.4.4

airmaxx23
Old
Thanks Meter 952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexus One View Post
Now that is good to know. Thanks. So I can assume that the bootloader from retail 4.3 MJE is what I want to keep...even if I move to a 4.4.2 NC2 or NC4 rom?
The NC2 bootloader is really the one to be on. The basic steps can be found in the install instructions in this ROM thread, you can use any ROM, it doesn't have to be Jasmine. Just use steps 1-12. More detailed instructions can be found in this thread but use the Odin files from the first thread.
*** Please don't forget to hit the "Thanks" button if someone has helped you ***

"I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in-between is mine"
The Following User Says Thank You to airmaxx23 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]