Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,757 Members 48,374 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Kitkat killed battery life

Tip us?
 
Antrax
Old
#31  
Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 33
Join Date: Aug 2006
My Note 10 2014 keep doing the same thing, it goes well to 50% battery life then quickly goes down to 5% and then reboot to come back with 26% battery life. It all started after the 4.4 update. I hate it!
 
Sequitor2000
Old
#32  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 11
Join Date: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antrax View Post
My Note 10 2014 keep doing the same thing, it goes well to 50% battery life then quickly goes down to 5% and then reboot to come back with 26% battery life. It all started after the 4.4 update. I hate it!
I had a similar problem after the update. However, the accuracy of my battery indicator has improved over time, especially after driving it below 5 % several times and then fully charging it. In one case I kept restarting it and running it down until it stopped showing an increase after the restart. The indicator is now accurate until 30% or lower.
 
BarryH_GEG
Old
#33  
BarryH_GEG's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 4117
Posts: 8,616
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Spokane, Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sequitor2000 View Post
I had a similar problem after the update. However, the accuracy of my battery indicator has improved over time, especially after driving it below 5 % several times and then fully charging it. In one case I kept restarting it and running it down until it stopped showing an increase after the restart. The indicator is now accurate until 30% or lower.
I had a ton of battery issues after updating including failure to charge overnight the first two nights. That was accompanied by huge battery drain. The former fixed itself and I had to delete and re-add my Exchange accounts to fix the latter. After a week everything's stable. My battery life isn't as good as it should be but I'll wait for the ROM for my region to come out before wiping and rebuilding my N10.1-14. It's something everyone should do after an update as major as this.
 
kessomatt
Old
#34  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 142
Join Date: Aug 2008
So after multiple factory resets I still have the battery issue. Charge to 100% only to drop down to 20% within an hour or sometimes even minutes. Then back up after a reboot. Can anyone tell me the most efficient way to get this to Samsung? I tried initiating a service request on their website for the sleep of death (which fixed itself somehow) and I got a broken English response saying I might need service and to reply if I did. Well I never heard from them again after I replied.
 
jjdevega
Old
(Last edited by jjdevega; 1st July 2014 at 04:01 AM.)
#35  
jjdevega's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 206
Posts: 1,000
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bothell, Washington
I was having superb battery life prior to 4.4.2 and was enjoying the ability to play my game's like MC4 and COC while plugged into the charger as it charges my tab. Unfortunately now I am unable to do this since it no longer charges while I play my games. It had started to drain and it's very sad. I use Cool tool to keep track of the battery temp and it's gone as high as 107F! I haven't tried a factory reset yet but seems like others that have done this have seen no improvement. I'm kinda stuck. Unsure of how to remedy this.

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium HD app

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryH_GEG View Post
I had a ton of battery issues after updating including failure to charge overnight the first two nights. That was accompanied by huge battery drain. The former fixed itself and I had to delete and re-add my Exchange accounts to fix the latter. After a week everything's stable. My battery life isn't as good as it should be but I'll wait for the ROM for my region to come out before wiping and rebuilding my N10.1-14. It's something everyone should do after an update as major as this.
Any improvement since the update?


Update: Figured out a way! I realized that the reason for the battery drain and over heating was due to my tablet running constantly at 1900MHz smh! So I switched on "Power Save mode." Bam! Stopped the CPU from constantly running at 1900MHz and tops it at 1400MHz instead. Thus eliminating the overheating problem and extending my battery life as it was back then Even while playing games. only climbs to 1400MHz. CHEERS!

EDIT: Still drains
EDIT2: Now its charging properly even while playing games. I'm totally confused now lol
Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium HD app
 
rushless
Old
#36  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 268
Posts: 3,024
Join Date: Jan 2008
Staying on 4.3 since no desire to root and want to keep sd writes. If 5.0 does not change this I will remain on 4.3. Happy with 4.3 so no need to rock the boat.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes