Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,165 Members 38,007 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] iGO Primo - Anyone Using on HTC One M8?

Tip us?

marcusroberts
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default [Q] iGO Primo - Anyone Using on HTC One M8?

Hi

I'm not a total iGO noob and been using it for a few years on HTC HD2 but now have a really annoying problem.

Just got a HTC One M8 (European) and rooted immediately plus gave SD card write access.

First thing I did was install iGO the usual way and add all the content.

When I'm in default 3D mode, the screen starts 'blinking' after a while. The route and the roads start to disappear and the terrain starts taking over the screen, so that for example it will be all green, the same as the fields. The whole screen starts flashing. This is happening on default scheme/skin or any other HD compatible skin. Meanwhile, the voice and the directions are still all ok.

A couple of times I've got a error message saying "memory is low, use different route options", but that's only a couple of times. Remember, this is a phone with bags of memory and no other apps.

I have tried with the moveable thin apks that I can move to SD with all the content, and have tried every other version of iGO apk with all the iGO folders on the internal memory.

I believe the data.zip is I have is a 1920x1080 HD file and I have tried starting with and without Branding files.

I have tried lots of different sys.txt combinations.

Obviously I delete the Save folder every time.

Please, anyone...HELP!

mssSphaera
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default SD card write access

SD card write access.
HTC one m8 , iGO primo (2,4) 9.6.29.341779 and SD card write access problem.

I need to setup all settings each time I am running an application.

marcusroberts
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mssSphaera View Post
SD card write access.
HTC one m8 , iGO primo (2,4) 9.6.29.341779 and SD card write access problem.

I need to setup all settings each time I am running an application.
The SD write problem is I think resolved for me by rooting and flashing a different kernel - I can't remember the thread I got this from, but will post when I find it.

So iGO works now, but the Lesscro Themechanger isn't working now!

The slow display I had came from a memory setting I changed in the sys.txt, thanks to another member.

mssSphaera
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusroberts View Post
The SD write problem is I think resolved for me by rooting and flashing a different kernel - I can't remember the thread I got this from, but will post when I find it.

The slow display I had came from a memory setting I changed in the sys.txt, thanks to another member.

come on .. there must be a solution and not rooting phone.

marcusroberts
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mssSphaera View Post
come on .. there must be a solution and not rooting phone.
Nope, afraid not. Even rooting and using SDFix won't work alone. I tried changing the permissions on the R/W SD data but keeps defaulting on reboot. Flashing a different kernel is the best way as far as I know.

It's the Google / KitKat policy that's messed things up!

Jyotirdeb
Old
Thanks Meter 246
To fix the sd card issue you have to root.There is no other alternative.Kitkat implemented this issue.To fix it you have to change permissions in es file explorer to rw for all.Or you can flash kernel which disables read/write protection.The best kernel is elementalx kernel.Go give it a try!
Don't say thanks hit thanks if I have helped.

Current Device:

S-OFF-Yes
Recovery:TWRP
Kernel:ElementalX
Rom:Android Revolution HD by Mike!
The Following User Says Thank You to Jyotirdeb For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ArchiGent
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default igo roads disappear/blink

Quote:

Hi, I'm having the same problem with the blinking and disappearing roads running igo on my m8. Could you let me know the sys.text tweak that resolved this for you please? Cheers

marcusroberts
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchiGent View Post
Hi, I'm having the same problem with the blinking and disappearing roads running igo on my m8. Could you let me know the sys.text tweak that resolved this for you please? Cheers

[debug]
max_memory=400000000
reserve_memory=15000000
cache=2048

This is what a member suggested and it worked for me!
Let me know if it works for you.

Are you using Themechanger at all? I'm struggling with that.
The Following User Says Thank You to marcusroberts For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ArchiGent
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
[debug]
max_memory=400000000
reserve_memory=15000000
cache=2048

This is what a member suggested and it worked for me!
Let me know if it works for you.

Are you using Themechanger at all? I'm struggling with that.
I've just been on a quick trip around the block and adding the above into the sys.text does indeed seem to have done the trick! Many thanks.
I've not used Themechanger since switching from Windows to Android a few years ago.

Tags
1920x1080, htc one m8, igo, igo primo