Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,962 Members 40,380 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Quick question on process

Tip us?

monkey10120
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Default Quick question on process

I am back to the forums finally after 8 months! The last time I was here I updated to MJ9 and rooted it through odin and that is the latest and greatest at the time. I remember SS was not even use able yet!

So a quick question on the process I should take:

1.I am on MJ9, can I install SS 3.65 then install SS based ROMS? Or do I have to downgrade to MJE (which I dont think I do)?

2.If I wanted to flash a 4.4 ROM I should be able to just flash it then update the radios correct?

Any help would be appreciated. It just been so long and being on these forums for year stuff and methods change so fast it can be hard to catch back up.

airmaxx23
Old
Thanks Meter 945
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey10120 View Post
I am back to the forums finally after 8 months! The last time I was here I updated to MJ9 and rooted it through odin and that is the latest and greatest at the time. I remember SS was not even use able yet!

So a quick question on the process I should take:

1.I am on MJ9, can I install SS 3.65 then install SS based ROMS? Or do I have to downgrade to MJE (which I dont think I do)?

2.If I wanted to flash a 4.4 ROM I should be able to just flash it then update the radios correct?

Any help would be appreciated. It just been so long and being on these forums for year stuff and methods change so fast it can be hard to catch back up.
1. Yes you can install SS 3.65 then install any 4.3 ROM.

2. Yes, you would flash the radios with Odin. You would also need to install the newest SS for 4.4.2 since 3.65 won't work on it.
*** Please don't forget to hit the "Thanks" button if someone has helped you ***

"I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in-between is mine"
The Following User Says Thank You to airmaxx23 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

monkey10120
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by airmaxx23 View Post
1. Yes you can install SS 3.65 then install any 4.3 ROM.

2. Yes, you would flash the radios with Odin. You would also need to install the newest SS for 4.4.2 since 3.65 won't work on it.
Thanks for the quick response. SO at least I am following everything correctly. On 4.3 I can update to 3.75 and SS should still work right? Just making sure because it sounds like you can flash 4.4 roms with 3.75 but not 4.3

airmaxx23
Old
Thanks Meter 945
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey10120 View Post
Thanks for the quick response. SO at least I am following everything correctly. On 4.3 I can update to 3.75 and SS should still work right? Just making sure because it sounds like you can flash 4.4 roms with 3.75 but not 4.3
You need to use 3.65 while you're on 4.3, even flashing the 4.4.2 ROM for the first time. Once you've installed the 4.4.2 ROM and radios then you install 3.75.
*** Please don't forget to hit the "Thanks" button if someone has helped you ***

"I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in-between is mine"
The Following User Says Thank You to airmaxx23 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

monkey10120
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by airmaxx23 View Post
You need to use 3.65 while you're on 4.3, even flashing the 4.4.2 ROM for the first time. Once you've installed the 4.4.2 ROM and radios then you install 3.75.
Ahh got it! Thank you sir
The Following User Says Thank You to monkey10120 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

monkey10120
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
When rebooting and having it say "SafeStrap Disabled" is fine until I use a different slot then it should say enabled?