[Q] screen wierds out

OP handlevy

8th June 2014, 08:18 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I've had an odd problem with my 820 almost since getting. I'm hoping one of you geniuses have some advice.
When I turn it on it works perfectly, sometimes for hours. Then the screen goes blank, and then random pixels begin to appear, starting at the top of the screen. Outdoors rather than random pixels the screen goes almost totally green. Strangely, if part of the screen is obscured the green only covers rhe exposed area.
Pressing the on button repeatedly usually brings back the lock screen and reset (on+down) fixes the problem for another few hours.
By the way, eventhough I can't see the screen the touch sensor works. For instance I can hold theon button and then swipe downwards to turn off the phone. I can also answer and hang up using earphones.
My daughter who purchased the phone said it worked fine until the amber update. I had hoped the black update would fix the problem but no change. I found some posts from people with the same problem who sent the phone in to be fixed and got it back in the same condition. I really don't want to go through the hassle unless I expect to get it back fixed. I'd rather try fixing it myself.
My question is whether this is a firmware problem an whether it is likely that re-installing the stock black rom would do any more than the ota install that occurred automatically did (or didn't do).
Any ideas?
27th June 2014, 04:09 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Nobody?
By the way it seems to happen only, or mostly when in standby.
I installed an app that displays a clock and doesn't allow the phone to go into standby mode,
and the problem doesn't appear to occur (unless I forget to leave the app on top).
I would set the phone to standby = "never" but the option isn't available on my phone, though
I understand that there are those with the standby = "never" option.

Any idea if I can set standby = "never" with keyboard commands, perhaps?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread