Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,165 Members 37,647 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Failed Status 7 from both CWMR and TWRP

Tip us?

xvsanx
Old
(Last edited by xvsanx; 27th June 2014 at 05:23 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Failed Status 7 from both CWMR and TWRP

sprint galaxy s3 sph-l710 d2spr, using the newest cm11 build, used cwmr touch newest version and twrp newest, installed recovery from odin, installed the team epic root fix, all of that as I'm familiar with rooting. I've tried many alternative ways now and I always come to the same error: status 7 failed. am I doing something wrong? or do I have to remove the assert line in the script and force a flash? I didn't do that because it sounded risky, but I've tried everything and double checked to make sure I have the most updated files then tried again and nothing has worked. the only thing I'm not doing that I did on my s2 was wipe data right before flashing the rom but the guides I'm using don't mention doing so. I also don't reboot after team epic root, but I don't think that would matter. please reply, would like to get this done tonight as it's for a friend who won't be coming back over for a few days.

joeyhdownsouth
Old
Thanks Meter 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by xvsanx View Post
sprint galaxy s3 sph-l710 d2spr, using the newest cm11 build, used cwmr touch newest version and twrp newest, installed recovery from odin, installed the team epic root fix, all of that as I'm familiar with rooting. I've tried many alternative ways now and I always come to the same error: status 7 failed. am I doing something wrong? or do I have to remove the assert line in the script and force a flash? I didn't do that because it sounded risky, but I've tried everything and double checked to make sure I have the most updated files then tried again and nothing has worked. the only thing I'm not doing that I did on my s2 was wipe data right before flashing the rom but the guides I'm using don't mention doing so. I also don't reboot after team epic root, but I don't think that would matter. please reply, would like to get this done tonight as it's for a friend who won't be coming back over for a few days.
I recommend Philz advanced CWM. This will fix error 7 99% of the time.
G2(Sprint)-stock
G3(Sprint)-stock rooted
Galaxy S3(Sprint)-ROM:C-rom/KERNEL:dkp-RECOVERY:Philz CWM Advanced
Galaxy S5(Boost)-ROM/KERNEL:M.O.A.R.-RECOVERY:Philz CWM Advanced
Moto G(unlocked to CellularOne)-ROM/KERNEL:LiquidSmooth-RECOVERY:Philz CWM Advanced
Note 10.1-ROM/KERNEL:Hyperdrive-RECOVERY:Philz CWM Advanced
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joeyhdownsouth For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]