With the p880 just sitting around unused, i decided i might as well try to mod it, then get a regular sim card for it and start using it again. I think i killed it instead.
Before it died on me, I formatted / wiped / factory reset and then used the LG Mobile Support tool to upgrade to whatever the newest official release was.. 4.1.2??
At this point, here is what it can do:
1) When attempting to just turn it on and USE it as normal, it turns on, gets to the animated LG logo and stays there forever.
2) Power + Vol Down = OEM LG recovery menu
3) Power + Vol Up = Some kind of Restore graphic
4) Power + Vol Up and Down (AVX) = nothing
5) Plugged into USB with battery removed and holding Vol Down = home row LEDs light up, nothing else
Windows sees the phone as a "removable disk H:" when I plug it in, but the LG recovery software does not see it, and it also does not show up in the device manager..
At this point, all that I can seem to access is the "apply update from ADB" option to do an "adb sideload" command in recovery mode.. When I send over the root tool, the phone is happy. If I attempt to send anything else over via sideload, I always get kicked out of the process when it gets to the "verifying installation package" portion. I can wipe / factory reset to my heart's content, but I can get absolutely no further than this after attempting for about six hours yesterday.
Any hope for me or do i have a dope looking paperweight? Will providing you guys either the IMEI or S/N shed any light into a path to recovery?
Thanks for your time!