Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,340 Members 43,007 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] phone wont connect to network (outside US)

Tip us?

edgarzin
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default [Q] phone wont connect to network (outside US)

in a first moment, the carrier signal was ok, but data wasn't working. so i called the carrier, get the correct APN, and the everything was fine for 5 minutes, for phone calls, data network. But suddenly signal was lost, and never got back. Factory reset, the signal bars still off, with an X. Tried to locate the carrier manually, but it doenst work. What can I do now? I will try another sim card to check if it works. How do i know the phone is carrier locked?

redpoint73
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,986
If its the AT&T version (presumably, since this is the AT&T variant section) it should carrier locked, unless you obtained the unlock code; or otherwise purchased it SIM unlocked from a 3rd party vendor.

On the other hand, if you were able to connect to the network at all, it is probably not carrier locked. Likewise, if it was locked, it would ask for the code when you inserted the SIM.

I think something else is going on. Even if it as SIM locked or bad SIM, I believe it should still read the network as being present. It would just not let you connect to the network.

Although, replacing the SIM is an easy and cheap thing to try. At least to eliminate it as the issue.
Please click the "Thanks" button if you found a post helpful!

Phone: AT&T HTC One (M8)

Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 (WiFi only)