Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,094 Members 50,066 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Earphone not being recognised

Tip us?

jaipreet
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Earphone not being recognised

I have a Htc one M7 and it is not recognising the earphones which came with it. It is recognising all other earphones and headphones but not the ones i got from HTC. Also when i try to use these earphones on any other devices, they work fine!
They aren't just working with my phone ? What should i do?

artiemon
Old
Thanks Meter 48
See my response in this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=52857565
Post #7 - It may be your issue.

cuyo11
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaipreet View Post
I have a Htc one M7 and it is not recognising the earphones which came with it. It is recognising all other earphones and headphones but not the ones i got from HTC. Also when i try to use these earphones on any other devices, they work fine!
They aren't just working with my phone ? What should i do?
yeah I have the same issue. Just try to clean it for dust and if no go, then try pushing the headphone jack to the side where is the first metal connection inside the phone. It seems that's the one with the issue. Pushing the top part of the jack to the side will solve the issue temporally until you unplug the headphones. For a more permanent solution, I would try to gently with a screwdriver push out the first small metal connection inside the jack hole in the phone so it makes better contact with the headphone jack. Like I said before the metal connection with the problems is the first one and thats why it works with regular headphones because they do not make use of it. Hope this helps

usmaanali
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default App fix

You can search for an app called SoundAbout on the PlayStore, this allows you to manually enable the earphone jack with the app. My OEM earphones stopped working after 6 months and this app is a workaround.
The Following User Says Thank You to usmaanali For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lesterp
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Same problem, SoundAbout solves it. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmaanali View Post
You can search for an app called SoundAbout on the PlayStore, this allows you to manually enable the earphone jack with the app. My OEM earphones stopped working after 6 months and this app is a workaround.