Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,958 Members 51,702 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC One M8 Antutu Benchmark Score

Tip us?

stajam
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ames View Post
You must have power saving enabled. You should be able to turn it off with a Venom quick toggle. I s-offed and flashed Venom on my roommate's phone and got about 20k in Antutu so I figured power saver must have been enabled. I edited settings.db and enabled the hidden menu. After turning off power saver I noticed there was a quick toggle for it so unhiding the power saver option probably wasn't necessary. With power saver off I got around 35,000 on Antutu. If you're on Venom 1.5 you should do the OTA update as well.

Instructions for unhiding power saver mode in settings:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2701909

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

Stock ROM?
Well I disabled power saving mode and I still only got me about 26,000. Here is what I'm running

HTC One M8 Verizon.
Android Ver. 4.4.2
ViperOneM8 ver. 1.6

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Doc Ames
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by stajam View Post
Well I disabled power saving mode and I still only got me about 26,000. Here is what I'm running

HTC One M8 Verizon.
Android Ver. 4.4.2
ViperOneM8 ver. 1.6

You should be getting higher than 26k. Oh I have an idea. I think after disabling power saver on my roommate's phone I discovered that the max CPU freq was still set to a power saving level so check that in venom tweaks. Also use interactive or performance for the CPU governor (pick a governor other than performance after benchmarking) you could also enable CPU boost (or whatever it's called) to increase CPU frequency for benchmarks. I think it's in developer options. For an even higher score put your phone in the fridge while running Antutu.

holla420
Old
(Last edited by holla420; 12th June 2014 at 05:51 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1086
Quote:
Originally Posted by S1L3nTShaDoWz View Post
Yeah, I would've mentioned it but it doesn't make sense because with Android Revolution HD I was at 2.8 GHz and could do the benchmarks fine then suddenly with any other ROM its an instant crash? lol, doesn't make sense.
I flashed teamcode craft 2.8ghz oc kernel. It use to not reboot the phone I had a score of 40k. Not sure why it's rebooting bout only in antutu. Quadrant it doesn't

Sent from my Insanely powered M8 using Tapatalk
Vzw HTC one M8-current device
Vzw S4-gf using it
Vzw Droid DNA-finally sold it
Vzw Galaxy nexus-sold
Droid Razr-retired
HTC Thunderbolt-buried in my backyard
LG Revolution-using as a table propper

S1L3nTShaDoWz
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by holla420 View Post
I flashed teamcode craft 2.8ghz oc kernel. It use to not reboot the phone I had a score of 40k. Not sure why it's rebooting bout only in antutu. Quadrant it doesn't

I was thinking maybe its to prevent people from "cheating"? i don't know if kernels are considered cheating in benchmarks but yeah. Maybe it detects you're using a custom kernel?

stajam
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ames View Post
You should be getting higher than 26k. Oh I have an idea. I think after disabling power saver on my roommate's phone I discovered that the max CPU freq was still set to a power saving level so check that in venom tweaks. Also use interactive or performance for the CPU governor (pick a governor other than performance after benchmarking) you could also enable CPU boost (or whatever it's called) to increase CPU frequency for benchmarks. I think it's in developer options. For an even higher score put your phone in the fridge while running Antutu.
Well I guess I could use my phone for a hot plate. LoL.

maplebaconjulio
Old
Thanks Meter 0
The performance of this phone is so great that I'm willing to settle with marginally reduced performance for great customization. I'm on viperone and I have absolutely no problems with performance.

pball52998
Old
Thanks Meter 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushing View Post
I have a question as well. Do you have any lag while on viper and if so does the stock Rom lag in same area as well?. It doesn't matter about benchmarks if everything is fast and snappy. So is everything perfect or does it ever lag? &if so then when and what lags?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
When you ran viper, what lag did you get? I'm running viper and the only time I experience lag is when typing. Odd.... I usually underclock and have power saver on.. But even on 2.3GHz I still have lag when typing. Its the only time I do though :/ Is it the power saver?I saw in the forum people mentioned it.. It gets kind of annoying though. Having lag on a new phone.. any suggestions anyone?
Main Phone:
Verizon HTC One M8
Liquid Smooth 4.4.4 Nightlies and GPE With L S-OFF
Main MP3 Player and WiFi Device
HTC OG Droid Incredible S-OFF: Cyanogenmod 11
Current Tablet
iPad First Gen. iOS 5.1.1 Jailbroken with GreenPois0n

holla420
Old
Thanks Meter 1086
Quote:
Originally Posted by S1L3nTShaDoWz View Post
I was thinking maybe its to prevent people from "cheating"? i don't know if kernels are considered cheating in benchmarks but yeah. Maybe it detects you're using a custom kernel?
I think the update killed the cheating

Vzw HTC one M8-current device
Vzw S4-gf using it
Vzw Droid DNA-finally sold it
Vzw Galaxy nexus-sold
Droid Razr-retired
HTC Thunderbolt-buried in my backyard
LG Revolution-using as a table propper

Rushing
Old
(Last edited by Rushing; 27th June 2014 at 08:27 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2839

DONATE TO ME
Custom kernel is not cheating BTW. Edited :insignificant info deleted

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Code:
   o
    o
        .--.
       |o_o |
       |:_/ |
      //   \ \
     (|     | )
    /'\_   _/`\
    \___)=(___/

Computed by Linux

Read the Rules! ~~~ Search Before You Post! ~~~ Learn about XDA
SGS2 ROOTED STOCK ROM

rooted_by_nature
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Default GPE ROM For Verizon HTC M8

The latest version of this ROM is Android 4.4.4, with outstanding performance benchmarks, Quadrant 25000 and Antutu 39000, includes xposed mods.