Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,807 Members 52,859 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[STOCK][C650X][4.4] Update to 10.5.A.0.230 [Root & XZDR]

Tip us?

renzzoman
Old
(Last edited by renzzoman; 20th June 2014 at 05:21 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by NamenIos View Post
If you used stock (rooted/not-rooted and xposed/non-xposed) you should be fine and there should not be a FC. Some flashable addons could cause this I would suspect.

Xposed should run fine. It could be the activated modules. Try disabling all modules, reboot and check if it fixes the problem. The compatibility of Xposed modules on 4.4 got way worse. Gravitybox ran fine with 95% of the options on 4.3 and with 4.4 it is almost unusable for example.

I am not sure if you would restore the Kernel baseband etc. Just to be sure I would restore the TWRP backup, power the phone off and flash the stripped FTF from 101 again. If you don't have a stripped FTF, I uploaded it sometime ago: http://d-h.st/wUs but be careful to not wipe your data with it, I did not remove the option to wipe appslog/cache/data so you have to uncheck this manually.

I fixed some of the high battery drain by "Wakelock Terminator" in the Play Store and disabling/spoofing the NlpWakeLock and NlpCollectorWakeLock. It seems to be a like shady app/dev though which is extra dangerous with xposed (it can do everything, even without permissions thanks to superuser access) - the app asks you if you love it and if you do you can give a play store rating if not a chat will be opened to submit you problems/feature requests, but the dev does not answer. Also the ratings speak for itself.
Problem solved by disabling all Xposed modules. Yes apparently there are some uncompatible modules with KK. I have installed wakelock detector, is it the same function with wakelock terminator?

SONY XPERIA ZL C 6502
KITKAT 4.4

Dead Metal
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Ok so I followed the instructions and now after doing the flash tool part the screen is on but does't do anything after I turned it on for the first boot.

Should I wait longer or any ideas what might have happened?
Before this I had stock 3.4 rooted.

[NUT]
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 5712

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Metal View Post
Ok so I followed the instructions and now after doing the flash tool part the screen is on but does't do anything after I turned it on for the first boot.

Should I wait longer or any ideas what might have happened?
Before this I had stock 3.4 rooted.
Waiting longer doesn't help... Power down using the switch behind the sim lid and leave it off for a little while. Then try to power it up again.

If it still fails, redownload the ftf specific to your EXACT model and flash it again.

My work for the community on XDA ~ My file hosting ~ Please do not mirror my files!
Xperia Arc (LT15i), Xperia P (LT22i), Xperia T (LT30p), Xperia L (C2105), Xperia Z (C6603), Xperia Tablet Z (SGP321), Xperia Z1 (C6903), Xperia Z2 (D6503)

Dead Metal
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by [NUT] View Post
Waiting longer doesn't help... Power down using the switch behind the sim lid and leave it off for a little while. Then try to power it up again.

If it still fails, redownload the ftf specific to your EXACT model and flash it again.
I reverted back to my backup instead. I think I'll wait a little longer for the official update to finally hit.

iamsamsamiam
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
I reverted back to my backup instead. I think I'll wait a little longer for the official update to finally hit.
I'm assuming you were just unable to use the flashtool correctly or the flashtool didn't detect your device and you hit a wall. I'm pretty sure you have to get into bootloader mode to get the flashtool to work correctly which involves shutting down the phone (using the hard off button if you have to) and turning on the device by holding volume down and power until the phone vibrates 3 times or something. The device screen should still be blank (black) but the LED indicator should have changed colours (I'm thinking red but his is off the top of my head). From here when you plug in the USB the flashtool should detect your device in which you flash the ftf file.
Xperia ZL 4.4.2 Ultimate BlackXZL v2 | Xperia ZL 4.2 | HP TouchPad CM11 | K-R42 4.4.2 | MiniX Neo X5 4.4.2 | Samsung Galaxy S Captivate CM10.1

Dead Metal
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamsamsamiam View Post
I'm assuming you were just unable to use the flashtool correctly or the flashtool didn't detect your device and you hit a wall. I'm pretty sure you have to get into bootloader mode to get the flashtool to work correctly which involves shutting down the phone (using the hard off button if you have to) and turning on the device by holding volume down and power until the phone vibrates 3 times or something. The device screen should still be blank (black) but the LED indicator should have changed colours (I'm thinking red but his is off the top of my head). From here when you plug in the USB the flashtool should detect your device in which you flash the ftf file.
Erm, no?
Flashtool is super easy to use, it tells you what you need to do, and I did all that, it just didn't work for me is all.

I have since flashed the leaked version of 4.4, using the ftf from the flashtool site, and then just rooted that.

No idea what went wrong with this pre-rooted version since it works for a lot of people and should have worked for me as well. But it doesn't matter, since I'm now at pretty much the same level.

iamsamsamiam
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Erm, no?
Flashtool is super easy to use, it tells you what you need to do, and I did all that, it just didn't work for me is all.

I have since flashed the leaked version of 4.4, using the ftf from the flashtool site, and then just rooted that.

No idea what went wrong with this pre-rooted version since it works for a lot of people and should have worked for me as well. But it doesn't matter, since I'm now at pretty much the same level.
Well I'm also assuming you were coming from 4.3 or 4.2 which needs a different kernel that's located in the ftf but you have to flash the ROM first which makes you end up with a blank screen because you don't have the right kernel or something.

I was under the assumption you couldn't even get the device to connect to the flashtool and I'm just saying there's a method to connect the device to the flashtool when it looks like your device is dead (soft bricked) so you can flash some software that will make the device useable again.
Xperia ZL 4.4.2 Ultimate BlackXZL v2 | Xperia ZL 4.2 | HP TouchPad CM11 | K-R42 4.4.2 | MiniX Neo X5 4.4.2 | Samsung Galaxy S Captivate CM10.1

Dead Metal
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamsamsamiam View Post
Well I'm also assuming you were coming from 4.3 or 4.2 which needs a different kernel that's located in the ftf but you have to flash the ROM first which makes you end up with a blank screen because you don't have the right kernel or something.

I was under the assumption you couldn't even get the device to connect to the flashtool and I'm just saying there's a method to connect the device to the flashtool when it looks like your device is dead (soft bricked) so you can flash some software that will make the device useable again.
Yes, the method to connect my phone to Flashtool was needed to revert back to my backup.

So here's what I did:
  • Connected to PC via cable
  • Opened Flashtool
  • Started Flashtool
  • Hit the flash button
  • Choose the old 4.3 stock ftf
  • Then when prompted to disconnect my XZL and power it down, I opened the battery compartment and hit the "OFF" switch to force it to reboot, then when the screen came back on I hit the volume down key a couple times, since you know the XZL doesn't have a physical back key
  • Then waited while flashtool did its thing flashing my phone
  • Once that was done I rooted it again and installed TWERP again
  • Booted into Recovery mode (TWERP)
  • In TWERP I chose "Backup/ Restore", then "Restore from SD Card"
  • Finished that
  • Then I downloaded the leaked version of 4.4 (which this ROM here is based on)
  • After that I did the same as in the first eight steps, just this time with 4.4
  • Done