Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,444 Members 42,849 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

VZW: rooted and want to tether

Tip us?

PolarBearMI
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default VZW: rooted and want to tether

I have rooted my vzw s5 and now I would like to find a tether option that takes advantage of being rooted.

I do not want to take this thread into whether I should or not, that is not my objective here.

I would like to find a hack, a work around to tethering.

I know about foxfi but do not want to pay for that either as it might not work if vzw changes something.

jcollier
Old
Thanks Meter 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolarBearMI View Post
I have rooted my vzw s5 and now I would like to find a tether option that takes advantage of being rooted.

I do not want to take this thread into whether I should or not, that is not my objective here.

I would like to find a hack, a work around to tethering.

I know about foxfi but do not want to pay for that either as it might not work if vzw changes something.
There are multiple threads on this but here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2784044

elliwigy
Old
Thanks Meter 646
i would like for you to read lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium HD app
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to elliwigy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ldeveraux
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Close 'er down, nothing to see here...

PolarBearMI
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldeveraux View Post
Close 'er down, nothing to see here...
Geez wrong side of the bed ?

Now I see how you up your post count and why you are not a moderator (thank goodness)

kprice8
Old
Thanks Meter 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolarBearMI View Post
Geez wrong side of the bed ?

Now I see how you up your post count and why you are not a moderator (thank goodness)
To be fair, in the other threads, I see a lot of 'WiFi tether' and I, and perhaps the OP want to know about bypassing the entitlement checks for Tether alone and not have to use FoxFi or Xposed as I cannot tether successfully with Xposed X Tether to my gaming PC.. I can use the Xposed method for WiFi just fine, but when I tether to my computer with it, it does nothing... at all.. Easy work around could be to buy a $20 USB WiFi adapter, but I don't want to do that either...

If I helped you, hit thanks if you like.

-Kevin

jcollier
Old
Thanks Meter 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by kprice8 View Post
To be fair, in the other threads, I see a lot of 'WiFi tether' and I, and perhaps the OP want to know about bypassing the entitlement checks for Tether alone and not have to use FoxFi or Xposed as I cannot tether successfully with Xposed X Tether to my gaming PC.. I can use the Xposed method for WiFi just fine, but when I tether to my computer with it, it does nothing... at all.. Easy work around could be to buy a $20 USB WiFi adapter, but I don't want to do that either...
That is why I posted the link I did. It doesn't require Xposed or FoxFI and works just fine.