Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Is This Phone Worth Giving Up Unlimited Data?

OP hawkeyejoe

26th June 2014, 12:11 AM   |  #41  
Flag Central Jersey
Thanks Meter: 21

68 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidxen

Done! The rep (she was very friendly and on the know) asked a couple questions about the weird device discrepancy but never questioned the SIM request.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Not so good for me. I always deal with the worst people at my local vzw store. He told me Verizon doesn't give out sim cards.
26th June 2014, 12:14 AM   |  #42  
Thanks Meter: 44

153 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman23DB

Not so good for me. I always deal with the worst people at my local vzw store. He told me Verizon doesn't give out sim cards.

You sure it was a corporate store?

https://community.verizonwireless.co...70471?tstart=0

AdamE_VZW Mar 21, 2012 10:00 AM (in response to milli)
milli,

I apologize for the inconvenience of replacing the SIM card in your device. Verizon Wireless does provide these at no cost. Third party retailers purchase their own inventory and also are free to set their own prices for the merchandise. The inability to activate a SIM card is the nature of SIM cards in general. This is a big reason why Verizon Wireless has chosen to replace these at no cost when necessary. If you are still in need of a SIM card, I encourage you to visit a corporate store or direct message me and I can help.

Thank you!
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
26th June 2014, 12:57 AM   |  #43  
Flag Central Jersey
Thanks Meter: 21

68 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidxen

You sure it was a corporate store?

https://community.verizonwireless.co...70471?tstart=0

AdamE_VZW Mar 21, 2012 10:00 AM (in response to milli)
milli,

I apologize for the inconvenience of replacing the SIM card in your device. Verizon Wireless does provide these at no cost. Third party retailers purchase their own inventory and also are free to set their own prices for the merchandise. The inability to activate a SIM card is the nature of SIM cards in general. This is a big reason why Verizon Wireless has chosen to replace these at no cost when necessary. If you are still in need of a SIM card, I encourage you to visit a corporate store or direct message me and I can help.

Thank you!
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

It most definitely was. I've always had issues with the staff at this store. Either they have no clue or don't want to be bothered. I called customer service and they fixed the issue. I'll be receiving my nano sim in two days time at no cost.

26th June 2014, 01:55 PM   |  #44  
Flag On the road...
Thanks Meter: 2

21 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuoreesitante

Here's a detailed guide posted on Slickdeals, MANY people have gotten their upgrades this way and kept their unlimited data plan.

http://slickdeals.net/f/6964624-upgr...a-with-verizon

The key is to order online, choose "Don't change my plan/services", then have the phone shipped to home, not to a store. Then when you receive your phone, DO NOT turn it on with the sim card that it came with; cut it up and throw it away, and use your old sim card.

This is what I did. There was a discussion about it in the tachyon Rom thread for the rezound.

I ordered from the HTC website. Got my SIM cutter off of Amazon. Removed the installed SIM before powering on the first time and installed my cut SIM. Unlimited data and new phone for $100 (father's day sale)

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
27th June 2014, 02:30 AM   |  #45  
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
I have the 1 gig of data plan but I use WiFi most of the time I use data. Always at home or my girlfriend's house. I'm able to keep it there with a little control.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Free mobile app
27th June 2014, 04:40 AM   |  #46  
Thanks Meter: 78

314 posts
My two cents: Verizon is doing this 6GB/month for $30 plan to get us to give up unlimited. In my opinion, with that for the next two years, it's worth it. I almost never use that much data in a month anyway.

In two years, there will have to be better data options. T-Mobile, for example, keeps looking better and better. Hell, if my parents weren't paying my cell phone bill by staying on VZW I would've switched already and grabbed an N5.
27th June 2014, 07:03 AM   |  #47  
Flag Oklahoma City
Thanks Meter: 142

790 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman23DB

It most definitely was. I've always had issues with the staff at this store. Either they have no clue or don't want to be bothered. I called customer service and they fixed the issue. I'll be receiving my nano sim in two days time at no cost.

Verizon store employees have no idea what's going on. I had to go in to one the other week to get a replacement SIM card to activate an old phone on a different line, and they had no clue what I was talking about, and the guy insisted that he had to install the SIM card. I was like whatever, do it. Then he wouldn't give me my old SIM card back. He had to get a manager to tell him that it was ok to give back the old SIM card.

---------- Post added at 12:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenderloinShadow

My two cents: Verizon is doing this 6GB/month for $30 plan to get us to give up unlimited. In my opinion, with that for the next two years, it's worth it. I almost never use that much data in a month anyway.

In two years, there will have to be better data options. T-Mobile, for example, keeps looking better and better. Hell, if my parents weren't paying my cell phone bill by staying on VZW I would've switched already and grabbed an N5.

The faster the network, the more data you will use. 6 GB may seem like a lot now, but in two years you'll need more.

The Following User Says Thank You to jova33 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th June 2014, 08:04 PM   |  #48  
Thanks Meter: 14

87 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jova33

The faster the network, the more data you will use. 6 GB may seem like a lot now, but in two years you'll need more.

It is not just the speed of the network, it is the new technologies that will emerge. I referred to this in an earlier post in this thread. I would add a reference to it, but I am away from a computer. Google I/O 2014 is a good example of this. Google is working with the auto industry to put a special Android OS in the head units of new cars that will use your phones data. Go to YouTube and watch the video Google demoed. It is actually very cool. This is exactly what I was referring to earlier. My mother's new Toyota Prius already uses her cell phones data from the head unit. Just my opinion, but unlimited data is to valuable to give up.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread