No registration required

[Q] Phonnix- has anyone tried it?

OP Wii60

6th April 2014, 03:13 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

236 posts
More
My Truesmart comes in on Wednesday and I'm thinking about grabbing a data sim and using this for calls, anyone know if it works?
https://www.phonnix.com/mobile/
7th April 2014, 01:39 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 4

53 posts
is working fine
Hi, I installed Phonnix Lite because I#m very curious and still want to have a companion app.

Have to install Phonnix on both devices, Smartphone as host, TS as client. I actived it, for call and SMS forwarding.

Unfortunately, you get no direct message displayed on TS, but you get al logbook an there all call and SMS activities are logged. But you need a SIM card in both devices.

Also you get an E-Mail notification for incoming calls and SMS.

Not really a functioning compananion app, but for free ists a nice gimmick. The advantage is: no pairing and connection via bluetooth necessary and you get the notifications even when you forgot your smartphone at home or you are aout of bluetooth range.

Thx for the tip.

Maybe the pro version is a little more comfortable.

Hope this helps, you, guy.
Last edited by porzerwolle; 7th April 2014 at 01:45 PM.
7th April 2014, 04:20 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

236 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by porzerwolle

Hi, I installed Phonnix Lite because I#m very curious and still want to have a companion app.

Have to install Phonnix on both devices, Smartphone as host, TS as client. I actived it, for call and SMS forwarding.

Unfortunately, you get no direct message displayed on TS, but you get al logbook an there all call and SMS activities are logged. But you need a SIM card in both devices.

Also you get an E-Mail notification for incoming calls and SMS.

Not really a functioning compananion app, but for free ists a nice gimmick. The advantage is: no pairing and connection via bluetooth necessary and you get the notifications even when you forgot your smartphone at home or you are aout of bluetooth range.

Thx for the tip.

Maybe the pro version is a little more comfortable.

Hope this helps, you, guy.

You rock! Thanks so much.

I guess I just need to find a good way to get data in this thing to check for sure. I wish I could put it on my mobile share.
7th April 2014, 04:57 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 4

53 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wii60

You rock! Thanks so much.

I guess I just need to find a good way to get data in this thing to check for sure. I wish I could put it on my mobile share.

tested it for a while.... its extremly draining the battery. In thelite version for free its necessary to reconnect with your email data, longest time is 12 hours. not funny to type the data on the TS keyboard.

If you want to have a permanent connection, you have to buy the pro version

will think over it if there is no companion app or oui 2.1 with companion integrated in the next 2 weeks.

I also tried tablet talk but is not functining coz of bluetooth issue on the TS

EDIT:
I installed the pro version for about $ 2,50. Now I have a connection between smartphone and Truesmart. When there is an incoming call on the phone, the TS also is ringing. Nothing else happens, you cant accept or reject the call, but that is a big step to a companion app.

So I get my calls and SMS displayed in the Phonnix logbook, and the TS rings.

So I understand it right, there is no BT connection necessary. For the time the TS is connected with the internet, it will ring at an incoming call on the phone even when this is turned off.

There are some time restrictions for the phone as a host device, but now, logged to my gmail account on the TS as client is permanent.

Very, very nice & smooth....

I will test it for some days and if anybody is interested in my experiences, I will post.
Last edited by porzerwolle; 7th April 2014 at 06:47 PM.
27th June 2014, 08:25 PM   |  #5  

4 posts
Thumbs up
Hi there! Great stuff!

I'm the developer of Phonnix and I'm very much interested on getting some feedback.
I didn't really tried in on smartwatches so I'm don't even know if it works or not but the idea is quite appealing

Did you try the latest version lately? Lots of improvements there!

Looking forward to hear your feedback!

Cheers,
Paulo
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread