Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,227 Members 47,265 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Wich one would you like to have running on your GEAR 2
Android Wear (Google Now!) 27 90.00%
Tizen for Wearables (S-Voice) 3 10.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

!! Votes for Android Wear on the Gear 2!!

Tip us?

erik10002
Old
Thanks Meter 30
I sold my gear 2 and bought a gear live for the simple reason that I want a fully functional smart watch to work with Cyanogenmod and not have to rely on the TouchWiz framework, I did enjoy my time with the gear 2 though on Omega rom and if android wear did come out for the gear 2 then I would probably cancel my order but until it's done it's android wear from here on out so I have the flexibility to use it on any rom I choose.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Current: Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Past phones: Kyocera KE424C>Motorola Q>HTC Vouge>Blackberry Storm>Blackberry Storm 2>Motorola Milestone>Iphone 4>HTC Desire Z>Motorola Atrix>Samsung Galaxy S 2> HTC Raider>Galaxy Nexus>Galaxy S III>Iphone 5>LG Optimus G>Samsung Galaxy S4>Samsung Galaxy Note 3>Samsung Galaxy S5

Also own
Samsung Homesync
Samsung Galaxy Gear Live
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to erik10002 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dazkeirle
Old
Thanks Meter 6
The main problem with it, and any other Android wear watchs is the 1 day use bit. Sure it's got an always on display but if they're advertising one day use, it probably means less.

Holding for for now until early reports from early adopters.

I like Google Now, but I never use it on my phone. The Gear 2 is giving me all the info I need with a 2.5-3 day battery.

I do also use the cam so gonna need support for that too.

---------- Post added at 09:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 AM ----------

Also gonna need it to play music from device (For gym), and keep all the health integration.

I just wish I had hangouts on the tizen, and also the ability to use keyboard to reply for those odd rare occasions i need to (so far never but would be a nice to have).

Facebook app to view whats going on and eBay would also be nice.
The Following User Says Thank You to dazkeirle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mjpineda94
Old
Thanks Meter 1
As of now Tizen is better than Android Wear because of App availability AND UI. Also if your talking about Google now and S-Voice they BOTH need Internet connections to work. Which here in the Philippines is not available everywhere. So I don't really care about that.

I guess yes Samsung will port Android Wear to the Gear 2 but they'll still modify it so it will still work as it works right now.

Proud to Be PINOY
Follow us on twitter @BuhayKolehiyo and @pinoulyKaKung

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3
The Following User Says Thank You to mjpineda94 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dazkeirle
Old
(Last edited by dazkeirle; 27th June 2014 at 04:06 PM.)
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjpineda94 View Post
As of now Tizen is better than Android Wear because of App availability AND UI. Also if your talking about Google now and S-Voice they BOTH need Internet connections to work. Which here in the Philippines is not available everywhere. So I don't really care about that.

I guess yes Samsung will port Android Wear to the Gear 2 but they'll still modify it so it will still work as it works right now.

Proud to Be PINOY
Follow us on twitter @BuhayKolehiyo and @pinoulyKaKung

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3

Any kind of voice command is useless to me, it makes you look like a douche in public and if you're not in public just use your phone.

Tizen is growing on me, the music player is good / fine for gym, has cool health sensors and heart rate etc. It works for how i intend to use it.

If i get caught short while in the house away from phone i can still take call on device, dont think talking is on the Wear agenda.

Camera I also use often, very often. It's ideal for a quick snap.

The 3rd party apps are trash, and the forcing to use messaging instead of hangouts is whack, but as I don't intend to reply i just wish the notification showed the whole message.

The music player control is also way better on Tizen, everything on one screen, well thought out, little icons top right from clock face to go back. None of this silly swiping malarkay!

The fact you can send send directly from phone is also very cool!, the music player has plenty of features, favourites etc. it's actually very good. If this is a fitness device the Gear 2 shines.
The Following User Says Thank You to dazkeirle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Joeyxc
Old
Thanks Meter 154

DONATE TO ME
+1 for android wear

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Remember to say Thanks!

Samsung Galaxy S4-Committed to whatever I'm working on development!

Xperia play R800i(R800at) 4.0.4 thanks to kks11muskanjainxx@gmail.comHe's the best for everything xperia from fixing hard bricks to unlocking bootloaders!
The Following User Says Thank You to Joeyxc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Naddict
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 13800
Closing this... Having a hard time comprehending value or worth of this thread....
Every time you don't use search, a kitten, bunny, baby turtle, and fuzzy Harp Seal are killed.

Read the Rules! -- Search Before You Post! -- Learn about XDA -- Need A Moderators Help? -- Get the Most out of XDA! -- Curious about GPL?
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Naddict For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe